Varicose Veins

Options
I've had them for years - since I was 16 or so... but today I realized that I have one particular varicose vein on my right thigh that is ridiculous! They've never really hurt, but they are quite unsightly. The veins that aren't varicose are still very visible.

I wonder if they're from years of marching band and drum and bugle corps. Truthfully though I'm not sure why I have developed these unsightly veins so early.

Anyone have experience/feedback on what to do about these things?

Replies

• Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I suffer too. They don't hurt but I do have some very visible veins on my thigh above my kneecap. From what I understand there is a hereditary factor and also poor diet, lack of exercise (and this one I'm not sure is true) but from crossing your legs as it weakens the blood flow from pressure. There are medical solutions but I don't know how much it costs. Let me know if you have an idea.
  • MisMolly
    MisMolly Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I blame genetics and being on your feet a lot. My mom has horrible ones all up and down her legs. I have one that popped out of the back/ side of my calf just below the knee. It is truly unfair that some people get them and others don't.