not really related to weight loss-nail biting

Options
Hello MFP friends (:
I am 19 years old and I have struggled with the habit of nail biting ever since I was a toddler. Does anyone have any tips or advice on how I can stop? I'm have been looking around for answers for such a long time now. I have applied artificial nails for weeks, but then I eventually start biting my nails again. I just can't seem to stop. Can anyone help me? Please :(

Replies

• ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    OMG if someone knows a solution to this that would be awesome! I too have bit my nails since I was a toddler, and I hate it but it is like my comfort for me! :)
  • spaztastic13
    spaztastic13 Posts: 229
    Options
    Walmart sales a clear nail polish for nail bitting that u can try it taste really gross but thats the point!!!
  • sevenwolves
    Options
    Here's another person struggling with this.. I'm 25 and I've had this habit since I was a small child. Lots of anxiety and abuse in my past, thankfully not so now but still will zone out online or whatever and chew away at the nails. I've done the polish and it didn't work.. Help!!
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Scratch the soap... then dont wash it out... mmmmm soapy goodness!!

You will chew and then be hiccuping soap bubbles for the rest of the day.... :laugh:

Dont forget to refresh the soapy goodness throughout the day... :drinker:
  • mbowman323
    mbowman323 Posts: 216
    Options
    Th cler nail polish for nail bitting works best. I used it on my daughter who would bite her nails so bad that it would bleed at times. She no longer bites her nails. I also heard it's great for thumb suckers
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Get a gel manicure. They last for about 2 weeks, they'll look too nice for you to bite them!
  • Debbisue52
    Debbisue52 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I used to chew my nails when nervous...until one day someone broke the habit for me. I was sitting at a friend's house and a guy I had never met before was there. I was kind of nervous and didn't even realize I was chewing my thumbnail, and my thumb....until the guy asked me....in an annoyed tone..."Are you hungry?" It was totally embarrassing and I never did it again! I thought of this today as I sat in a restaurant for dinner and there was a woman using her IPad and chewing on her thumbnail just the way I used to. My husband mentioned how disgusting it was. Brought back memories. Good luck breaking the habit....before someone does it for you! Lol!