Mother's Day Lunch/Dinner Ideas

Options
Jenn1254
Jenn1254 Posts: 49 Member
I have decided that this Mother's Day, I am going to make my mom a lunch/dinner. Instead of wasting money on some half thought out gift, I figured this would be a good idea because I know she likes my cooking. The catch is she is trying to lose weight like I am. She is doing weight watchers (which I have very little idea how it operates) so I wanted to make healthy foods and have the weight watchers points already calculated. She's not sticking with her diet as much as she should so I want to show her a good meal can be done.

Anyone have any good suggestions for things to make? My mom is a southern girl and loves her southern cuisines.

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    pot roast with veggies... the kind of roast that just falls apart with succulent-ness when you touch it, MMMM!

honestly, anything homemade is going to be so much healthier and better for you than a restaurant
  • awyler
    awyler Posts: 78
    Options
    check out hungrygirl.com she has GREAT recipes and they all have ww pts on them.
  • koizumi6
    koizumi6 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    try www.skinnytaste.com the website is AWESOME and, in my opinion, way better than hungry girl. All of the recipes have pictures and nutritional info and WW points!