Wii Fit & Balance ?

suzooz
suzooz Posts: 720 Member
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
I have noticed that when I have a good day with the daily balance tests, and my COB is mostly center, that I have a much better workout than on days when my balance is not quite right. Not just with the yoga, but my strength is better, and my running is more smooth.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    it makes sense that everything is either in balance or out of balance, my COB is permenantly a little to the right, no matter how much I work, or even lean lol might be my uncorrected scoliosis, my hips are at different heights and one of my legs is slightly more muscular because of it. I love Wii fit tho, especially with all this blasted rain and hail and snow we are still getting (yes snow in may)
    I find my COB wavers less if I do it before the workout instead of after I also have a lot more trouble with the balance games after a workout
    I also love just dance for the wii
  • xomakaxo
    xomakaxo Posts: 86 Member
    For me the correlation is more between warming up and better balance. The days when I warm up on the elliptical (at least 10 mins) before doing the body tests, I am much more balanced and have better control. I've definitely noticed the difference. Super Hula Hoop is less difficult when I'm warmed up too. I haven't really noticed whether I feel a better workout when I score higher on the tests though.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Thanks for the tip! I will definitely try warming up before the balance test. I just can't believe how out of balance I was -- I have improved greatly, but my cartoon trainer still tells me that I'm "shaky." I have never done yoga before -- it's pretty fun!
This discussion has been closed.