Those LAST 10 PESKY pounds!!!

Options
I started MFP at the beginning of February at 147 lbs, I'm now 135 lbs and would really like to get down to 125 lbs. However, I feel like the last 10 pounds have been a pain to get rid of. Does anyone have any tips on how to shed those last 10 lbs? If so, please share.

Replies

• superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Patience. Or a Colon Cleanse. No. Patience.
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I also had to lose those last 10 pounds, and my weight just stalled, so i decided to take a good look at my diary and noticed, i ate way to much salt, and i didn't drink much water, i also started drinking green tea , i also started trying to eat more healthy and clean foods such as salmon, baked chicken, and salads, i even added more fruits and veggies, i lost 2 pounds the first week , hope this helps:smile:
  • savannahgro
    savannahgro Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am literally in the same boat as you. Same start weight. Except I've made it down to 130.8 and cant get past (I think I might actually be at 132-33 now) I thought I might want to stay at this weight and try to tone because I've been so stuck but now I am not so sure. . .

I'm interested to see the responses. . .

One question... have you recalculated your calories once you hit the 10 pound mark?
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Im on a stop 2!!!! I want 2 loose my last 7 pounds and i cant, it was coming off at first now its not
  • k3muldoo
    k3muldoo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have not recalculated my calorie intake now that I've lost weight, should I? Nor have I tried any of the "zig-zag calorie" or "binge day" strategies. Has anyone seen results from these techniques? If so, please do tell your success stories.
  • savannahgro
    savannahgro Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere on here to change your intake every 10 pounds lost. So I tried it and it worked until I hit my 130.8 mark. I think you should go back into your settings and try it!
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Try switching up your workout routine. Muscle confusion is the best to keep your body from adapting and plateauing. I switch out my routine every other week. The closer your body gets to its ideal weight, the less fat it will shed.

I've never tried mixing up my calorie intake, I'll need to try it out, thanks guys!
  • southernazgirl
    Options
    I know the feeling, and I'm curious to see responses as well. I hit my first plateau at 150, but eventually went down when I started running. Now I seem to hover between 139-142, and the scale won't budge. Like you, I'm aiming for about 125.