Often Surprised About Sizes

Options
2»

Replies

• Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" 114 and I wear a size 7. I carry most of my weight in my butt and thighs :(
    So you must be thinking of Size 7 as large, while I think of it as a children's size ;)
  • faerybun
    faerybun Posts: 65
    Options
    and/or said person is flat out lying about what size their wearing.
    [/quote]
    Like me lying on my driver's license. If I can lose six pounds, I won't be lying anymore :)
    [/quote]

Just wait until you can't wait to renew your license because the LIE you put on there is now 20 pounds more than you actually weigh. [: What a rush
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Body shape for sure along with the differing brands and their whacked-out sizing. I have everything from a 2 to a 10 that I fit into comfortably.

When I went shopping for the first time since beginning my weight loss, I grabbed the sizes I used to be the last time I weighed 135 ... I had to go back for bigger sizes - twice! I went from being 150 and wearing size 10 to being 135 and wearing a size 8 ... but now I'm 128 and those same pants are already droopy (:grumble: and :happy: , I suppose). I also just fit into my size 2 work pants I haven't worn in years. So odd and frustrating!
  • redhead91
    redhead91 Posts: 251
    Options
    I have a friend who is the exact height and weight as me (only different by 2 lbs) yet she's a 14 and I'm a 16. I also have DDs and she has Cs. I wear XL tops and she wear L or M. Her thighs though are way bigger than mine. It's definitely all about how your body handles weight.
  • KristenAnn711
    KristenAnn711 Posts: 783
    Options
    I've met women who are about my height and weight who look totally different than my body, who wear bigger or smaller sizes in shirts and pants. I've just come to realize that we all have different shapes, I have wide hips and a large chest, but another girl my weight/height may have a large stomach and thighs. It just depends where your body puts fat.
  • Jlennhikes
    Options
    It's a height, build, muscle-mass vs body-fat, many other factors thing. I weigh 200 lbs, am 5'10" with a large build and an hourglass figure. I wear a 16 in pants, a Medium in shirts, a 14 in bathing suits, a 12 in dresses, and a 36J bra...
    I doubt you'll find other 5'10" 200 pound women who are equal to me in all of those areas - some may wear smaller pants or bigger shirts or any combination of different things.
    Good example. But as someone near your size, I can relate. Whereas, when someone says they weigh quite a lot, are short, and they are in a small size, I've got to wonder.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I am too. I see people my height and weight who wear bigger or smaller sizes than me. I'm 5'6", 215 and a size 16. I have a friend who is almost the exact same height and weight as me, but most people think she's a lot heavier. I don't know what size she wears, but it's interesting to see other people's stats.
    I'm 5'3" 114 and I wear a size 7. I carry most of my weight in my butt and thighs :(

My 17 year old is 5'1", 115 lbs and a size 5. She's top heavy though.
  • Jlennhikes
    Options
    Just wait until you can't wait to renew your license because the LIE you put on there is now 20 pounds more than you actually weigh. [: What a rush
    I'll bet. But I will be very happy to weigh 150 pounds :)
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    lol I'm actually 18 lbs UNDER what my license says (I didn't lie on it). I did lie on my military ID though, but in 4 more lbs, I won't be a liar anymore. My husband asked if I was gonna get new ones when I reach my goal. I said no. I'm probably supposed to, but I want them to serve as a reminder.
  • AniMarieSt
    AniMarieSt Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Totally a height thing.
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6'' and I weigh 147. I wear a size 6. I have no reason to lie or exagerate. I have worked to hard and lost too much weight to make something up.

I do, however, find myself curious sometimes when I read stats of some others. I don't let it bug me though because they are not hurting me.
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    "and/or said person is flat out lying about what size their wearing.
    [/quote]
    Like me lying on my driver's license. If I can lose six pounds, I won't be lying anymore :)
    [/quote]

Just wait until you can't wait to renew your license because the LIE you put on there is now 20 pounds more than you actually weigh. [: What a rush"
    [/quote]

My driver's license says I weigh 210. I can promise you that is not true. :smile:
  • xerinx2011
    xerinx2011 Posts: 222
    Options
    It really does come down to shape and distribution of fat/muscle.

For instance im around 245 now and a uk 18. My mate weighs 30lbs less than me but is a uk size 22/24. (which is what size i was when i started!) The main difference is shape. Im very much an hourglass figure (11 inches difference between my waist and hips and chest) but shes an apple and carries all weight on her stomach. Ive also been doing alot of exercise and although everything is covered in fat underneath it all there is quite a bit of muscle!

I dont really pay attention to what size i am its more about how i look and feel!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    sizes mean nothing. My best friend is about 2 stone/ 2.5 stone heavier than me, and the same height yet wears a uk 12. Im a uk10.