Insanity!

Options
rosy_rsls
rosy_rsls Posts: 114 Member
I got it today and i will be starting it TOMORROW!! I was wondering though how you would log it in and how long it is? also... any good results???? PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

Replies

• Armymom44
    Armymom44 Posts: 76
    Options
    I lost 17 lbs I really want to get asylum next
  • rosy_rsls
    rosy_rsls Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I lost 17 lbs I really want to get asylum next
    You finished all 60 days? how did you log them in your MFP? How long are the videos?
  • janagrace7
    janagrace7 Posts: 4
    Options
    My sis and I are starting tomorrow too!! We were just going over our meal plan now.....I'm tired with all the planning etc....
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Investing in a HRM [preferably one with a chest strap] will be the most accurate estimation of calorie burns. I use mine to manually log in my Insanity routines under "Create Exercise."

It's not for everyone. You'd have to be in somewhat of a fit condition to perform the moves. There will be A LOT of plyometric moves like jumping, squatting, push-ups, lunges, etc. As long as you follow exactly what Shaun T. says, with proper form, breathing, and pushing yourself to the most you can possibly do, each time you do it, you will get the best results from it. In other words, don't half-*kitten* it and don't get sloppy. If you start losing it or you're running out of breath, take a quick breather and get right back into it with intensity. This week is my last week. I'll be doing it again as a P90X/Insanity hybrid. I have Asylum, but I'm not starting it just yet because I know I'd need to go through another round of Insanity, at least, just because I want to perform Asylum with immaculate form and push as hard as they can in the routines.

In the first phase of Insanity [the first 30 days], the routines are no longer than 30 - 45 minutes. After 30 days, you have a week of recovery, then go into the second phase, where the routines are about 1 hour long. The second phase is much more intense than the first, but by that time, assuming you've performed to progressive abilities, you should be able to keep up without worrying about form, and all you'd have to push through is the intensity and duration.

Other than that, have fun with it. =]
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I was going to start today until my body decided that wasn't a good idea and I got sick. :( But I would probably log it as aerobics high intensity... maybe? Or circuit training...? Having not done it yet, I'm not sure which would fit better, but those seem the most logical to me. The videos range in length 30mins-86mins (according to the website).
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 tomorrow. Get ready, it's going to kick your *kitten*! Invest in a heart rate monitor so you can track your calories burned correctly. I had to create my exercises for each video, so you'll most likely have to do the same. This is my 3rd time trying to complete all 60 days and I haven't missed a day yet. My advice is rest when you need to, but you will be pushing your body really hard. Don't give up, drink lots of water, breathe, and again, rest when you need it. Good luck you're going to love and hate it!
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Starting Insanity today!! I'm ready to be insane....I know it's going to be so intense...but for me....I just need to jump in something and do it.....the eating plan will probably be the hard thing now.....the meal plan for Insanity is a 40/40/20 ratio of carb/protein/fat.....I don't know if I can follow that to the letter.....but I'm making sure my diet is packed with protein...
  • Armymom44
    Armymom44 Posts: 76
    Options
    I did it in Aug 2010 did not have body bugg then they are I think 60 mins at first 30 been a while loved it thou