The 4 Hour Body

Options
Breckgirl
Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
Has anyone read this or know anyone who has? It was on Rachel Ray last week and I'm thinking of buying it.

Replies

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I have no personal experience but I read this blog and she's doing it. For lack of anything else you could check out her testimony. She's pretty good about answering questions too.

http://www.cheeseslave.com/2011/04/21/my-weight-loss-update-the-four-hour-body/
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    I have no personal experience but I read this blog and she's doing it. For lack of anything else you could check out her testimony. She's pretty good about answering questions too.

http://www.cheeseslave.com/2011/04/21/my-weight-loss-update-the-four-hour-body/

thanks, I'll check this out.
  • Tracy184
    Tracy184 Posts: 74
    Options
    I read it. I lasted about 2 days on the diet and I had to quit because I felt terrible. It's somewhat similar to South Beach, except with a large focus on beans. Basically you eat a protein, a lot of beans, and a lot of veggies for every meal. For me, this kind of diet is not sustainable. You can't eat any fruit or basically any carbs at all except once a week on your cheat day. I'd recommend checking a copy out from the library before buying, although it's not that expensive on amazon. Supposedly it works for some people, but I just got very dehydrated despite drinking lots of water, and my intestines hurt a lot.
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    I read it. I lasted about 2 days on the diet and I had to quit because I felt terrible. It's somewhat similar to South Beach, except with a large focus on beans. Basically you eat a protein, a lot of beans, and a lot of veggies for every meal. For me, this kind of diet is not sustainable. You can't eat any fruit or basically any carbs at all except once a week on your cheat day. I'd recommend checking a copy out from the library before buying, although it's not that expensive on amazon. Supposedly it works for some people, but I just got very dehydrated despite drinking lots of water, and my intestines hurt a lot.

Thanks Tracy. Did you try any of the exercises?
  • Tracy184
    Tracy184 Posts: 74
    Options
    I haven't tried any of the exercises. But now that you mention it, the exercise section might be helpful. I just bought a kettlebell on amazon to try the kettlebell swings, so we'll see.