went strong for 1st week and a 1/2...

Options
I was doing so good for the 1st week and a 1/2 of my path to a new lifestyle and losing weight. I've been taking in fewer calories and getting in some exercise, but all of a sudden at the end of the 2nd week I started feeling lethargic, and mentally I want to go take a walk or get some exercise in, but I just haven't gotten my butt up and out of my computer chair :grumble:

At first I was so confident in myself and my abilities to lose the weight. I was putting my caloric intake and exercise a priority and now I have started finding things getting in the way and losing my motivation. I am worried I'll start slacking off even more and eventually just start going back to what I was doing before :frown:

Any advice on what I can do to kick start myself to have the passion I did the 1st day I signed up on MFP before its too late? :embarassed:

~Cheryl

Replies

• clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Go for that walk. Go for that walk. Congratulate yourself for going for that walk. Up go now up.... Thinking about it, analysing it etc is prevarication go now.
  • ohthatmomma
    ohthatmomma Posts: 115
    Options
    Everyday is a new day for you to begin again! Even if you only take a 10 minute walk, just do it! you will be so glad that you did!
  • ohthatmomma
    ohthatmomma Posts: 115
    Options
    Everyday is a new day for you to begin again! Even if you only take a 10 minute walk, just do it! you will be so glad that you did!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    It sounds as if you may be creating too much of a deficit if you've been decreasing your caloric intake AND have been exercising [which creates more of a deficit]. Logically, by math, if you've cut your intake, and increased the deficit by burning more calories, your body may not be getting the proper intake to fuel your body for energy. This is what is known as "survival mode" [because the term "starvation mode" is an atrocious misnomer].

If you're going to be on a calorie deficit set my MFP, if you notice when you input exercise, it adds calories for you to eat. For example, if you're on a net 1200 cal/day intake, and you burn 300 calories from exercise, you then need to eat 1500 in order for you to meet a NET calorie goal of 1200. Otherwise, eating only 1200 will leave you at NET 900 calories for the day [because you've burned 300 from exercise]. If it's still a bit confusing, I will refer you to http://shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com. There are helpful links in there that will answer any further questions.
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    You will get to the point where it just becomes part of your day...do it, go for that walk or hit the gym believe me you will feel great afterwards...endorphines will kick in and yes tomorrow is a new day, DON'T GIVE UP! :flowerforyou:
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    thanks! I need to just go outside for the walk and stop thinking about it and giving myself time to just sit here instead. And it makes a lot of sense when it comes to the calories consumed vs calories burned! Thanks for the links! :flowerforyou:
  • ashiesmash
    ashiesmash Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    we should meet up at least once a week to get a smoothie or something and just walk or... i dunno! I think it'll help us keep each other accountable and just have a little fun ya know? <3
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    we should meet up at least once a week to get a smoothie or something and just walk or... i dunno! I think it'll help us keep each other accountable and just have a little fun ya know? <3

I think we should! :) Let's make it happen :drinker: