My first weight loss diet.

Options
Hi I'm Jessica. I'm 24 years old and this will be my first weight loss diet. Up until this point I was always at a healthy weight. My mom and my younger sister have always had problems with their weight and I thought I just had the "good genes". I've noticed it's starting to catch up with me now. I weigh 150 which really isn't that much and I want to lose 15-20 lbs. I figured I better get control of it now before I put more on. My sister went from 150 to over 200 in just a few years. I think this will be very challenging since I've never had to worry before about what I eat and how much I exercise. I've tried watching what I ate the last month or so and I must be doing something wrong because I think I've actually gained weight. I'm really glad I found this site to help me keep track.

Replies

• Hedgehog
    Options
    Hi I'm Jessica. I'm 24 years old and this will be my first weight loss diet. Up until this point I was always at a healthy weight. My mom and my younger sister have always had problems with their weight and I thought I just had the "good genes". I've noticed it's starting to catch up with me now. I weigh 150 which really isn't that much and I want to lose 15-20 lbs. I figured I better get control of it now before I put more on. My sister went from 150 to over 200 in just a few years. I think this will be very challenging since I've never had to worry before about what I eat and how much I exercise. I've tried watching what I ate the last month or so and I must be doing something wrong because I think I've actually gained weight. I'm really glad I found this site to help me keep track.
  • loman13
    Options
    Hello Jessica and welcome,

The good thing about this is that it's not really a diet but a way of life. Once you make this life style a habit it seems to work very well. I'm able to eat every 3 hours and sometimes still have calories left over at the end of the day. What has worked best for me is to understand that this is a long term goal to lose and then maintain your objective weight. Good luck and everyone on here has really great advice.

Steve
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica...you're so smart to start now while your young and don't have to loose too much...this site helps you calculate the amount of calories you need to reach your goal weight...I use that tool and then it takes some figuring and meal planning to stick to that amount...I also follow the nutritional guidelines at mypyramid.gov...that site helps me figure out how many servings of each food group I should have...then I use this website for the food diary and counting calories.

I lost 2 lbs the 1st week...have about 40 to go.

Teammate,
    Fat Dancer