I have been putting this off for days...

Options

Replies

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    My hubby is military...the LAST thing I really want is to go into my freaky doctor. We are in the process of switching, so maybe I'll go in...ugggg...I hate that! She has moments of greatness followed by over drugging, ignoring that I'm allergic to some drugs, giving extra shots I didn't want for my kids, followed by another glimpse of brilliance... :grumble:

Makes you want to call right away, ey? :tongue:

Glad you liked the socks. It was hard picking out which ones to put on...pink ones, or blue to match my eyes. Hummm... :wink:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    My hubby is military...the LAST thing I really want is to go into my freaky doctor. We are in the process of switching, so maybe I'll go in...ugggg...I hate that! She has moments of greatness followed by over drugging, ignoring that I'm allergic to some drugs, giving extra shots I didn't want for my kids, followed by another glimpse of brilliance... :grumble:

Makes you want to call right away, ey? :tongue:

Glad you liked the socks. It was hard picking out which ones to put on...pink ones, or blue to match my eyes. Hummm... :wink:

I hate Navy docs--they do their best, I know but gessh! the last one I had told me it was "no problem" if my BG levels stayed above 150 all the time and my BP was 140/90. That was "ok" according to her! HA! anyway, we live too far from any base now, so they let us see civilian docs. Plus, not all bases see retirees...:grumble:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    PL, you could try going to webmd.com and using the symptom checker. That may at least give you an idea of what it could be.
  • jamdblake4
    jamdblake4 Posts: 179
    Options
    I'm not sure why your burning O wait your hot.
    Come on navy doc aren't that bad I need thoughts guy on the ship, they do a pretty good job on 3rd degree burns or bullets holes.
    I sometimes get hot paches on my skin as long as it's not to red and doesn't spead I suck it up at lest that's what doc tells me to do.
  • shorerider
    Options
    Come on navy doc aren't that bad I need thoughts guy on the ship, they do a pretty good job on 3rd degree burns or bullets holes.
    I sometimes get hot paches on my skin as long as it's not to red and doesn't spead I suck it up at lest that's what doc tells me to do.

Oh yeah, if you're active duty personnel, Navy docs are great. Try being dependent or retired or retired dependent. Can you say "back of line--no hurry to see you whatsoever" You get put last for appointments, last for prescriptions, and sometimes made to feel like you're a drain on the system. My DH was "promised" free medical care for life when he upped--lol, yeah right!
  • jamdblake4
    jamdblake4 Posts: 179
    Options
    they don't retiries here in Ft Worth but the pharmcy is full everyday. I hate to hear the system is like that for one someday I'll be retired and the other is the people who lead the way before me, should be treated better.
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options

Suck it up? Ya, if a doctor tol me to "suck it up???" That's why I'm not going in...I don't want someone to treat me like I'm a stupid whinny wife. I get that look at least once a year so I try to avoid visits... LOL

We are AF. They are great doctors often, but just getting that "you are stupid" talk or feeling, makes me soooooooo upset. I just can't bare it most of the time. You have to go sometimes "in the mood" to be treated like you are an idiot, and lately, I'm just not up for it. LOL
  • shorerider
    Options
    Suck it up? Ya, if a doctor tol me to "suck it up???" That's why I'm not going in...I don't want someone to treat me like I'm a stupid whinny wife. I get that look at least once a year so I try to avoid visits... LOL

We are AF. They are great doctors often, but just getting that "you are stupid" talk or feeling, makes me soooooooo upset. I just can't bare it most of the time. You have to go sometimes "in the mood" to be treated like you are an idiot, and lately, I'm just not up for it. LOL

We lived at the campground on Andrews AFB for a year and I had to use the AF pharmacy. OH BOY! What a mess! I had such a hard time getting them to "accept" my prescriptions, as they were issued by the Navy and apparently in their minds, there was a difference. They wanted me to see an AF doc to get all new prescriptions! Then, they said they weren't seeing retirees at Andrews and I would have to be seen at Walter Reed, as that was the only med facility taking retirees in Northern VA! When I pointed out that wasn't AF either, they said they wouldn't take their prescriptions either! All this from the enlisted guy running the desk. Nothing against enlisted (my DH is retired E-8) but I knew he didn't have final say, so demanded to see the OIC. After a couple hours going around in circles, they finally consented to give me my refills. Then, every time I had to call in for a refill, I had issues. I finally just started using an outside civilian pharmacy and paying the co-pay. They tell you that you can get free meds at military pharmacies but they don't make it easy to do that!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    I think I found it...OUCH!

http://www.eorthopod.com/public/patient_education/6511/hamstring_injuries.html

Hokay, I'm going in...I'm going in...My bun is killing me.
  • shorerider
    Options
    I think I found it...OUCH!

http://www.eorthopod.com/public/patient_education/6511/hamstring_injuries.html

Hokay, I'm going in...I'm going in...My bun is killing me.

Hmmmmmm--what was the first thing I said????? Maybe next time you'll listen to me little lady :wink:

That said--let me warn you....several opportunities in life to deal with muscle injuries speaking here, and if it's a pulled muscle not much can be done other than to give you some pain killers and tell you to rest, compression, elevate, and rest. I forget if it's ice or heat you put on it though....

FOUND IT! It's R.I.C.E.--see below

"Running, aerobics and other forms of exercise are good for your health, but these activities can raise your risk for sprained joints, strained muscles and other minor injuries. Proper care in the first day or two after injury can reduce the time you're sidelined by it. Should you suffer a sprain, strain, pull, tear or other muscle or joint injury, treat it with R.I.C.E. -- Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. R.I.C.E. can relieve pain, limit swelling and protect the injured tissue, all of which help to speed healing. After an injury occurs, the damaged area will bleed (externally or internally) and become inflamed. Healing occurs as the damaged tissue is replaced by collagen, perhaps better known as scar tissue. Ideally, the scar tissue needs complete repair before a full return to sport is recommended. "
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    ouch.jpg

I feel like I'm totally using you all as doctors...so I put sock on...since I like to wear socks when I go to the doctors. :bigsmile:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I absolutely love you princess!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

okay you want Doctor Ali's thoughts on this.....I think it is sort of sciatic nerve...if you're hubby sees no difference and you can feel it....and its painful and it seems to be in the right spot for one....I had the same thing during my pregnancy w/ my son...the 9th month so ya carrying around that extra 40 lbs was AWESOME w/ that....my poor princess....wishing you well asap!:flowerforyou:

hugs!
    Ali
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Hokay! Hokay!!!

Thanks for all the information. I guess I am getting "old." :sad:

It only hurts when I sit though??? How do I NOT sit but rest it? Or is that butt rest it? :noway: When I keep moving it feels better. I had cheer leading tonight so I jumped all over like a manic and was fine. I came home and just sat down, now I hurt. :huh:

I don't get it?
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Keep us posted on what the doc says!
  • shorerider
    Options
    Hokay! Hokay!!!

Thanks for all the information. I guess I am getting "old." :sad:

It only hurts when I sit though??? How do I NOT sit but rest it? Or is that butt rest it? :noway: When I keep moving it feels better. I had cheer leading tonight so I jumped all over like a manic and was fine. I came home and just sat down, now I hurt. :huh:

I don't get it?

Let me get this straight--you've been hurting for days but go and do cheerleading??????

wife.gif You are so going to make me come down there, aren't you??
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Let me get this straight--you've been hurting for days but go and do cheerleading??????

wife.gif You are so going to make me come down there, aren't you??

Well, it only hurt when I sat! So I have been moving moving moving and moving! If I drive my car it hurts, if I sit it hurts. So I figured keep moving!?!

Ya, but tonight I am too tired to go running so I am sitting.

I am so friggin crying a river...I HATE being a whiner, and appreciate your input!

tear.jpg
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    GO TO THE DOCTOR. It could be a very simple irritation that could be fixed with some ointment if you just WENT TO THE DOCTOR. Get it? :angry: Because we love you and want you to be ok. :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I absolutely love you princess!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

okay you want Doctor Ali's thoughts on this.....I think it is sort of sciatic nerve...if you're hubby sees no difference and you can feel it....and its painful and it seems to be in the right spot for one....I had the same thing during my pregnancy w/ my son...the 9th month so ya carrying around that extra 40 lbs was AWESOME w/ that....my poor princess....wishing you well asap!:flowerforyou:

hugs!
    Ali

Ya'll crack me up! Oh...during preggers you hurt here? there...yikes... Owie...
  • p90x_Dude
    p90x_Dude Posts: 332
    Options
    Yulp, but yeaaaars ago...Over 20? In high school I did gymnastics. I just don't want to say...I'm getting old. EEEEK! Age??? :ohwell: Great...Now I'm going to have a panic attack over being sore and old. SHEESH!

Why does everything happen to me?:tongue:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

From the location it seems like it could be also be sciatica. If you've been running or doing alot of stair activity or even walking on inclines you may get a flare up of the piriformis muscle which usually lies on top of the sciatic nerve. This could cause irritation also of the sciatic nerve.
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options

Oh yeah, if you're active duty personnel, Navy docs are great. Try being dependent or retired or retired dependent. Can you say "back of line--no hurry to see you whatsoever" You get put last for appointments, last for prescriptions, and sometimes made to feel like you're a drain on the system. My DH was "promised" free medical care for life when he upped--lol, yeah right!

Dependents definitely go to the back of the line!! Plus the docs always seem to be prescribing a bunch of drugs, I think just because they have no clue what the real diagnosis is!!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Dependents definitely go to the back of the line!! Plus the docs always seem to be prescribing a bunch of drugs, I think just because they have no clue what the real diagnosis is!!

Ya...prescribing "Vitamin M"....

They give out Motrin like they are free pens. Ear hurts? Vitamin M. Need an X-ray? Here, try Vitamin M. Snake bite? Vitamin M.

:laugh: :laugh: