New from Cumberland, Maryland

Options
SMJ3
SMJ3 Posts: 9 Member
Hello Everyone, My name is Shirley and I am so glad I found this site because I feel so lost and was about to give up. I just finished my last round of chemo and I have ballooned to 240 lbs. I feel so fat and useless. Everything seems like a challenge; bending over, playing with my children, going for long walks, and i even feel claustrophobic in my shower (to much me and to little shower space). I need to do something about this weight so I can live healthier and be here for my children. I am determined to get this weight off but most of the time i don't have the motivation.

Replies

• EmmaShorter
    EmmaShorter Posts: 298
    Options
    Hi Shirley! Welcome to MFP. This is certainly the place to be for some support. Obviously we are all here because we struggle with our weight so all of a similar mind set. If you need some support you can add me as a friend! All the best on your journey!
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the best for your journey! This is just the right place! You are not alone and we try to motivate each other! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Crochetmama84
    Crochetmama84 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Im from cumberland MD too. :)
  • shanstilts
    shanstilts Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello, fellow Marylander;) Welcome!! Dont forget to be easy on yourself as you work toward your goals. Sounds like youve been through a lot recently and Id guess some meds youre on contributed to weight gain. Self love is an important part of health too. <3
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,585 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP
  • shanstilts
    shanstilts Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just noticed the original post was in 2011 lol
  • TomFit18
    Options
    WOW..... I just noticed as well! LOL
  • Crochetmama84
    Crochetmama84 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yes it was posted a while ago. Was looking for maryland friends and was hoping they were still somewhere to be found.
  • TomFit18
    Options
    Well...that makes sense to me! :):)