6 week PUSH YOURSELF challenge, Week 5

Replies

• TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    W5D4

Painted for 130min burned 516 according to my HRM (Is this cardio or ST ???)

Total
    Cardio - 204

I honestly think it would be a combination of both! Good Job!
  • TracieJ65
    I have still been following but forgot all about checking in! I reset my goals to 420 minutes minimum per week for the month of May. Still drinking all that water too!

Here are my stats so far this week:

Cardio Minutes: Zumba Wii (233); Wii Fit (60); Treadmill (71) = 364

Strength Training Minutes: No More Trouble Zones (121) = 121

Total: 485 Minutes; Left to go: 0 Minutes

Way to go, you have PUSHED YOURSELF well!
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Hey Gang:

Forgot to check in on Wednesday---sorry!
    40 minutes-elliptical
    10 minutes-strength training (lifted on the bosu)
    10 minutes-walk
    55 minutes-cycling

9 glasses of water

Thursday:
    45 minutes -elliptical
    30 minutes-walk
    55 minutes-circuit training
    55 minutes-cycling

8 glasses of water

Keep up the good work!
    Jenn
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Here is my results for day four, week five.
    - My strength lasted 13 minutes and according to MFP I burned 50 calories.
    - I did a Seventeen walk that lasted 20 minutes and according to my treadmill I burned 139 calories.
    - I got in 6 glasses of water.
    Total: 33 minutes. 20 minutes is cardio and 13 minutes is strength.

chickadee's week five progress:
    Total Weekly Minutes: 301
    Total Weekly Cardio Minutes: 215
    Total Weekly Strength Minutes: 86
    Total Weekly Water Intake: 30 glasses

chickadees total 6 week progress:
    Total Challenge Minutes: 1868
    Total Challenge Cardio Minutes: 1383
    Total Challenge Strength Minutes: 440
    Total Challenge Water Intake: 154

I do not think that water's right, so I'm going to double check my count. *The water's right now. I was supposed to go to Zumba, but it got cancelled at last minute. I didn't work too hard today but my glasses seem to be staying well enough to do harder things. Hopefully I'll get them fixed next week. Superglue did not work lol, but clear tape seems to be working.
  • TracieJ65
    Way to go everyone! Look at you all PUSHING YOURSELVES! Three days left of this week and on to week 6! WOO HOO and WOW! Keep at it, you are should be so very proud of yourselves. I am proud of each of you that stuck with this and have worked as hard as you have.
  • NanoReefDiver
    NanoReefDiver Posts: 153
    Ripped up my knees at the beach so I stuck to 95 mins belly dance yesterday (have to choreograph new songs for myself and my university team!)

Updated:
    Cardio Minutes: Zumba Wii (233); Wii Fit (60); Treadmill (71); Belly Dance (95) = 459

Total: 580 Minutes; Left to go: 0 Minutes

Can't wait to push myself today, feeling good!
  • MoM2LayLa09
    MoM2LayLa09 Posts: 152
    W5D5

Cardio - 30 min on elliptical

Total

Cardio - 234min
    ST - 30 min

• chickadee2010
    Ripped up my knees at the beach so I stuck to 95 mins belly dance yesterday (have to choreograph new songs for myself and my university team!)

Updated:
    Cardio Minutes: Zumba Wii (233); Wii Fit (60); Treadmill (71); Belly Dance (95) = 459

Total: 580 Minutes; Left to go: 0 Minutes

Can't wait to push myself today, feeling good!
    Hope your knees get better soon. Belly dancing sounds like it'd really work your core.
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 317 Member
    Sorry for being MIA! I am graduating tomorrow morning and am visiting w/relatives (if running from sun up to sun down counts as visiting!). I have been keeping up with my exercising and making reasonably good choices while eating out and making sure I get my water in. I have not been logging simply for lack of time. I will try to catch up on Sunday but may not be able to get it done until I get home late on Monday. Haven't forgot about you all and it was great to see all the posts although again..no time to read them!

Take care, keep up the good work, and Happy Mothers day!
  • chickadee2010
    Here is my results for day four, week five.
    - I jogged in place for 15 minutes and according to MFP I burned 130 calories.
    - I got in 4 glasses of water.
    Total: 15 minutes. 15 minutes is cardio and 0 minutes is strength.

Total Weekly Minutes: 316
    Total Weekly Cardio Minutes: 230
    Total Weekly Strength Minutes: 86
    Total Weekly Water Intake: 34 glasses

Total Challenge Minutes: 1883
    Total Challenge Cardio Minutes: 1398
    Total Challenge Strength Minutes: 440
    Total Challenge Water Intake: 158

I had no time to workout hard today, so I jogged in place for fifteen minutes while waiting on a show on tv to start.
  • TracieJ65
    Well, I have had a head cold, since Tuesday, and as of Wednesday it moved into my chest and lungs. Well, I still did quite a workout on both Wednesday/Thursday and I think I totally wore down my body. I had all the intentions to do the same thing on Friday, but managed to barely get a 30 minute walk in with my dogs. It was tough. So I gave myself a break and took the rest of the day to lay on the couch, cough, take tons of medicine, and try to sleep here and there. Slightly better today, but still have it in my head and chest.

So, my results for Week 5, Day 5

I did a 30 minute walk with my dogs and burned, per my HRM, 300 calories

I drank and drank and drank water because of all of the coughing and because the medicine made me feel really parched. I think I finished the day out with 22 glasses of water.

My weekly results, so far, are 343 minutes of cardio and 115 minutes of strength, and 112 minutes of other for a total of 570 minutes
    Okay, here are my results for today, Week 5 Day 4 and let me tell you, this was one day that was REALLY hard to complete due to a horrible head/chest cold going on!

I did a 40 minute walk with the dogs and burned, per my HRM, 422 calories
    I did 25 minute circuit training of half cardio half strength and burned, per my HRM, 337 calories
    I did a 45 minute kettlebell class and burned, per my HRM, 606 calories

I have had 17 glasses of water so far today

My weekly results, so far, are 343 minutes of cardio and 115 minutes of strength, and 82 minutes of other for a total of 540 minutes

Here are my results for Week 5, Day 3

I did a 42 minute walk with my dog and burned, per my HRM, 405 calories
    I did a 60 minute workout with my personal trainer and burned, per my HRM, 1046 calories
    I did a 45 minute step aerobics class and burned, per my HRM, 736 calories

I have had 12 glasses of water so far today

My weekly results, so far, are 283 minutes of cardio and 105 minutes of strength, and 42 minutes of other for a total of 430 minutes

Here are my results for Week 5, Day 2

I did 45 minutes on the Elliptical and burned, per my HRM, 633 calories
    I did a 70 minute Muscle Pump class and burned, per my HRM, 711 calories

I have had 19 glasses of water today

My weekly results, so far, are 213 minutes of cardio and 70 minutes of strength for a total of 283 minutes

I began feeling a head cold coming on, last night, during my second class, and by the time I got home my body was weak and I felt exhausted. I took tons of medicine before bed and felt slightly better this morning, but it was in my chest and head. It really hurt to workout today. So, while I put in the minutes I didn't PUSH it as hard as I usually do. I was glad it was a Muscle Pump class, on the schedule, for tonight, because it was just the speed that I needed to go with this cold.

How are the first two days going for everyone else?
    So, here we go week 5! Here are my results for Week 5, Day 1

I did 80 minutes of run/walk intervals and burned, per my HRM, 1078 calories
    I did a 44 minute Hula Hoop class and burned, per my HRM, 661 calories
    I did a 44 minute Kettlebell class and burned, per my HRM, 688 calories

I have had 17 glasses of water so far today.

That puts me at 168 minutes of cardio, thus far.
  • hawkeyegal1995
    Good Morning!

Thought I would check in with my Friday results before I headed out to ride today.

23 minutes-walk/run (alternated blocks)
    30 minutes-walk
    25 minutes-core secrets
    133 minutes-cycling. Shaved 17 minutes off my time from Sunday. Before I pat myself on the back too much, I figure part was due to the broke gearing and wind on Sunday. Today was windy but 15 MPH is a lot easier than 30.

8 glasses of water.

Hope everyone has a great weekend (and feel better Tracie!!!)
    Jenn
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Crazy busy here! I finished the 30 day shred yesterday!!! 60 minutes in yesterday and all my water for Thursday and Friday. Didn't get to exercise this morning so hope I can squeeze some in some where. Opening the pool and setting up the 2 decks. We also have 2 dinners to attend, know there will hardly be any healthy choices at either!UGH! Another dinner tomorrow. Busy, busy.
    Feel better! Keep going everyone! Have a goo d weekend!!
  • kiki_ac
    kiki_ac Posts: 49 Member
    Hi everyone. WOW! I cannot believe how well all of you are doing! Fantastic job! Here is my progress for week 5 (week 5...really!!!)

SUNDAY 55-25-30
    Denise Austin power zone metabolism boost
    MONDAY 30-15-15
    Remember this…6 second abs total body workout
    Tuesday 75-55-20
    Zumba
    Ab Assault
    WEDNESDAY 90-60-30
    Walking/ jogging(1/4 way)
    D.A. metabolism boost dvd strength training
    THURSDAY 60-55-5
    Treadmill various speeds and inclines
    Chest and triceps resistance exercises
    FRIDAY 40
    Treadmill various speeds (3-4.5mph) and inclines
    SATURDAY 60-30-30
    QF Cardio Kickboxing
    D.A. metabolism boost dvd strength training

Total Exercise 410
    Cardio 280
    Strength 130

Water goal getting the 3L and more most days.

Keep up the great work into the last week of PY Challenge!

kiana
  • TracieJ65
    I am feeling there is light at the end of the tunnel for this cold. Still gripping me, but I am breathing slightly better and was able to walk just a tish faster today before I would begin to cough. All the coughing has my chest and throat so sore! I can honestly say I would rather be sore from working out than from coughing. Ugh!

So, here is what I managed to accomplish today, Day 6, WEEK 5, WOW!

I did a 62 minute walk and burned, per my HRM, 592 calories
    I did a 35 minutes, slower, bike ride, and burned, per my HRM, 460 calories

I am going to count today's bike ride as "other" because it wasn't really cardio but more just getting some exercise in. I kept my heart rate right at 101-103 BPM's because if I go over that I am coughing and having a hard time breathing. So, it was more a leisurly bike ride than a cardio one.

My weekly results, so far, are 343 minutes of cardio and 115 minutes of strength, and 209 minutes of other for a total of 667 minutes
    Well, I have had a head cold, since Tuesday, and as of Wednesday it moved into my chest and lungs. Well, I still did quite a workout on both Wednesday/Thursday and I think I totally wore down my body. I had all the intentions to do the same thing on Friday, but managed to barely get a 30 minute walk in with my dogs. It was tough. So I gave myself a break and took the rest of the day to lay on the couch, cough, take tons of medicine, and try to sleep here and there. Slightly better today, but still have it in my head and chest.

So, my results for Week 5, Day 5

I did a 30 minute walk with my dogs and burned, per my HRM, 300 calories

I drank and drank and drank water because of all of the coughing and because the medicine made me feel really parched. I think I finished the day out with 22 glasses of water.

My weekly results, so far, are 343 minutes of cardio and 115 minutes of strength, and 112 minutes of other for a total of 570 minutes
    Okay, here are my results for today, Week 5 Day 4 and let me tell you, this was one day that was REALLY hard to complete due to a horrible head/chest cold going on!

I did a 40 minute walk with the dogs and burned, per my HRM, 422 calories
    I did 25 minute circuit training of half cardio half strength and burned, per my HRM, 337 calories
    I did a 45 minute kettlebell class and burned, per my HRM, 606 calories

I have had 17 glasses of water so far today

My weekly results, so far, are 343 minutes of cardio and 115 minutes of strength, and 82 minutes of other for a total of 540 minutes

Here are my results for Week 5, Day 3

I did a 42 minute walk with my dog and burned, per my HRM, 405 calories
    I did a 60 minute workout with my personal trainer and burned, per my HRM, 1046 calories
    I did a 45 minute step aerobics class and burned, per my HRM, 736 calories

My weekly results, so far, are 283 minutes of cardio and 105 minutes of strength, and 42 minutes of other for a total of 430 minutes

Here are my results for Week 5, Day 2

I did 45 minutes on the Elliptical and burned, per my HRM, 633 calories
    I did a 70 minute Muscle Pump class and burned, per my HRM, 711 calories

I have had 19 glasses of water today

My weekly results, so far, are 213 minutes of cardio and 70 minutes of strength for a total of 283 minutes

I began feeling a head cold coming on, last night, during my second class, and by the time I got home my body was weak and I felt exhausted. I took tons of medicine before bed and felt slightly better this morning, but it was in my chest and head. It really hurt to workout today. So, while I put in the minutes I didn't PUSH it as hard as I usually do. I was glad it was a Muscle Pump class, on the schedule, for tonight, because it was just the speed that I needed to go with this cold.

How are the first two days going for everyone else?
    So, here we go week 5! Here are my results for Week 5, Day 1

I did 80 minutes of run/walk intervals and burned, per my HRM, 1078 calories
    I did a 44 minute Hula Hoop class and burned, per my HRM, 661 calories
    I did a 44 minute Kettlebell class and burned, per my HRM, 688 calories

I have had 17 glasses of water so far today.

That puts me at 168 minutes of cardio, thus far.
  • TracieJ65
    @ kiki_ac, way to go Kiana. Look at you, what a great week you had thus far and there is still one more day. Keep at it, you are doing great!

@ 1crazymom way to go on completing the 30 day shred. You have more courage than I do. I have no interest in even doing the shred. Way to go, that is an accomplishment, keep at it and do what you can around your busy weekend.

@ hawkeyegal1995 Jenn, way to go shaving time. Hey, shaving time is shaving time and you are working hard at your biking. So, I would venture it was you. Great job!

Everyone is doing such an awesome job at this challenge. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the dedication of those that have stuck around. Dedication is what it takes in this journey. If we don't keep at it we will not succeed! You are all sticking to it and I know each and every one of you will succeed at your goals. Way to go!
  • hawkeyegal1995
    Hey everyone!

Mother nature finally gave me a pretty decent day and I took full advantage!

Here are my numbers for Saturday:
    20 minutes-core secrets
    25 minutes-elliptical
    30 minutes-walking (mowing the lawn-after I got home from biking)
    220 minutes-cycling. I had hoped to go a bit longer but ended up riding over lunch and did not think to bring any food along so I was getting awful hungry towards the end.

8 glasses of water so far....thirsty from the ride though so I will get some more. I am horrible at drinking while I ride--I only drank 1 bottle while riding.

Hope everyone had a great day and enjoy the rest of the weekend!
    Jenn
  • chickadee2010
    Here is my results for day five, week five.
    - I did a Fitness walk for 45 minutes and according to my treadmill 349 calories.
    - I went for a 28 minute walk on the treadmill and burned 162 calories.
    - My strength lasted for 19 minutes and according to MFP I burned 165.
    - I got in 5 glasses of water.
    Total: 92 minutes. 73 minutes is cardio and 19 minutes is strength.

Total Weekly Minutes: 408
    Total Weekly Cardio Minutes: 303
    Total Weekly Strength Minutes: 105
    Total Weekly Water Intake: 39 glasses

Total Challenge Minutes: 1975
    Total Challenge Cardio Minutes: 1471
    Total Challenge Strength Minutes: 459
    Total Challenge Water Intake: 163
  • TracieJ65
    Holy Cow Jenn way to go! What a day of burning calories! Awesome just Awesome!
    Hey everyone!

Mother nature finally gave me a pretty decent day and I took full advantage!

Here are my numbers for Saturday:
    20 minutes-core secrets
    25 minutes-elliptical
    30 minutes-walking (mowing the lawn-after I got home from biking)
    220 minutes-cycling. I had hoped to go a bit longer but ended up riding over lunch and did not think to bring any food along so I was getting awful hungry towards the end.

8 glasses of water so far....thirsty from the ride though so I will get some more. I am horrible at drinking while I ride--I only drank 1 bottle while riding.

Hope everyone had a great day and enjoy the rest of the weekend!
    Jenn
  • TracieJ65
    Way to go, you got in some nice minutes today! Great Job!
    Here is my results for day five, week five.
    - I did a Fitness walk for 45 minutes and according to my treadmill 349 calories.
    - I went for a 28 minute walk on the treadmill and burned 162 calories.
    - My strength lasted for 19 minutes and according to MFP I burned 165.
    - I got in 5 glasses of water.
    Total: 92 minutes. 73 minutes is cardio and 19 minutes is strength.
This discussion has been closed.