Reciepe-triple bipass (real but posted as joke)

Options
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/triple-bypasses/Photo-Gallery.aspx

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup chopped onion
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
6 hot dogs
1 pound sliced bacon
toothpicks
2 cups barbecue sauce, your choice
6 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise

Directions:

Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat. Pour barbeque sauce into a square baking dish, and set aside.
In a medium bowl, stir together the ground beef, egg, onion, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes using your hands. Pack enough meat around each hot dog to completely cover it, but not too thick. Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each beef covered hot dog, and secure with toothpicks.
Lightly oil the grilling surface, and place the bacon-wrapped hamburger covered hot dogs on the grill. Cook for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally - but carefully, until the beef is cooked through and bacon is nicely browned. Remove from the grill, and roll in the dish of barbeque sauce to coat. Remove toothpicks, and serve on hoagie rolls.
Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving  Calories: 998 | Total Fat: 44.8g | Cholesterol: 154mg

Replies

• saesae76
    saesae76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh my God! That is horrendous. It reminds me of The Double Down. So gross! I do Weight Watchers as well and I'm thinking that would use my points for the 3 days.
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    It just seems wrong! Ha. Never eat something that's name alone is the warning haha
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    To those of us who practice the Paleo/Primal Blueprint, that actually sounds pretty delicious!
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    I don't know anything about that, but even if it was 10 calories that sounds gross to me hahaha the hubby on the otherhand can't stop talking about it! Ew