What races are people thinking about or signed up for?

Options
Shizzman
Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
I'm doing the Marine Corp Marathon (MCM) this year, it'll be my first marathon (I once did a half-marathon, but I could really use a better finish time). I'm planning to do the Army Ten Miler again (this will be the third year in a row), Navy Five Miler, and I'm thinking I'll sign up for the Metro Dash. I need to see about finding/deciding upon a half-marathon. I'm hoping I can put together a team for Ragnar Relay, cause that'd be awesome. I just completed 5k Fridays that a local organization put on (a 5k each Friday) and my times for each of them were a lot better compared to what I've done in the past, so I think I'm getting better at racing/running (I had a few 24 and 25 minute times along with one were I just made it under 24 [like 23:57 or so]).

So what races events are other people thinking about doing..?

Replies

• papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    none for me thanks, not good for my knees :sad:

good luck with yours tho :wink:
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have been running for a few years now but never ran a race. This summer my 15 years old track star son promised to run a 5K with me! I cannot wait!
  • chefdan
    chefdan Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mohawk Hudson Marathon Oct. 9. Good luck in the MCM. I'd like to do that one sometime although the DC fall weather can be brutal.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I am keeping everything crossed that on July 3rd I will be participating in the Bas en Basset half marathon or 10k if I don't feel capable of the half! I soooooo want to do it but I have calves that twang with alarming regularity and put me out of action, new to running should have started in my teens not mid 40's lol!
    Good luck to you with your plans! Debbie
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I want to try the warrior dash...
  • Shannonhurley88
    Shannonhurley88 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The warrior dash is super fun! I am training for the Tough Mudder in October. I am also thinking of the Army 10 miler or maybe a Half marathon
  • shellbell1993
    shellbell1993 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    So far just running a 5K in June in my small town in Ontario. I was hoping to do a half this year, but no time to train. Hoping next year to maybe do the Walker, MN North Country trail half !
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    October can be a good time for Marathons...hopefully the weather will be nice, even in DC. Good luck on your marathon too!

Warrior Dash sounds like fun from what I've heard and so does the Tough Mudder. Half Marathons can be fun especially when you find one that you really like (it can vary depending upon the course and the organization who does it). Having done the Army Ten Miler twice so far I'd say do it you'll have a good time, just make sure to sign up as soon as it opens cause spots go quick!

The half or the 10k either could be fun choice :) Although I might have an odd idea of fun, cause I prefer running in five fingers...

For those training for 5Ks enjoy them :)
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    The ones in my signature. Along with as many 5Ks and 10Ks as I can afford to sign up for.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I have my 1st marathon in less than 2 weeks. After that I will pick up some 5k's or whatever races up to a half that I may come across during the rest of hte summer. In particular I'd like to try a few trail races.