'Before' Pics uploaded to profile!

Options
To shame me into getting my butt moving a lot more and to remind myself how very difficult it is to move and have fun and to enjoy life when I'm this size!

For reference I'm 5' 5'' and 185lbs!

I never wanna be this weight ever again!!!! Grrrrr!!!! :D:D

Any beginners support much appreciated. I'm trying to follow a low carb/ high lean protien kind of thing because I just get too hungry too quickly with carb based plans. I'm not doing atkins or anything extreme, just not eating processed carbs if i can help it, getting my daily carbs from fruit and veggies wherever possible and a good amount of protien in every meal.

Any support/ tips/ friend adds much appreciated :)

Ales x

Replies

• EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are on the right track...I am doing 30%fat, 20 % pro and 50 % carbs at the recommendation of my trainer...you know you can change your profile settings for what ever percent you are shooting for....drinking lots of water is keen...I am learning...never been a water drinker so this is a struggle most days...except when I'm excercising....but logging everything and being concious of what I eat has really helped me out!!! Good Luck and if you are looking for friends...feel free to add me!!!!
  • ales1979
    ales1979 Posts: 269 Member
    Options

Once I get a little slimmer and I know its worth me spending the money I'd like to get a monthly gym membership at my local. They always have qualified trainers there and the advice and info from them comes as part of the package I'm looking into! So I'd love to get their professional opinion then.

It'll probably be in the fall, because then the weather is turning too nasty to exercise outside and also by then, I'll be just that little bit fitter/ stronger and won't have as much risk of injury than if i threw myself into it now.

I injured my knee (cartillage! ouch) last year by going in too heavy, too fast instead of just letting my body adapt at its own pace! So I think its important that I get some of this weight off first and hit a few very gentle fitness goals at home, before I go spending cash etc. We're all strugglin for it, after all! :) And I wanna make sure my Pounds (sterling) are being put to good use!!

xx