Weigh more during your period?

Options

Replies

• _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    When I first started trying to lose weight this time around it was that TOM for me and I was like WHY am I not losing weight?!?! WTF?!?! haha. Now I know why.
  • Felicia71
    Felicia71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Me too! I think i just won't weigh myself that week. Since, I know not really true.
  • scaryfairy81
    Options
    I gain anywhere from 2 or 3 lbs all the way up to 8 or 9, usually suddenly(like I wake up one day several lbs heavier!) a couple of days before it starts, and then right toward the end, it is just as suddenly gone. Drinking more water doesn't help, and neither does limiting sodium, but sometimes a Diurex helps a little. But I've come to realize it's pretty much inevitable, and it sucks.
  • motherinme
    motherinme Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    WOW!! I was just going to ask because I was very excited about my weight loss last week and stepped on my mom's scale a few days ago (when TOM started) and there was a 10lb gain! I wanted to cry...I know I haven't been doing great with my eating but I knew I hadn't really indulged either. I'm glad that you all were here to put my mind at ease and help me through this week :) Now I won't go eat that whole batch of cookies out of depression that my MIL sent over :-p I'll keep plugging away and hope the scale is friendly next week :)
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I found this thread- I have gained 1.5lb this week for no apparent reason - I really hope it's because of my period coz I am having a massive stress at the moment :(!

I have decided not to log my weight until next week in the hope that this is a temporary glitch
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    I gain about 10 pounds during my period.

Not very good for my motivation,but at least it's the same pattern every month.

I've been tracking my weight daily for about 3 months now,so there is definitely a pattern.
  • pandaeye
    pandaeye Posts: 126
    Options
    Definitely! You are not the only one, I can gain about 5lb and it takes about a week to shift. The things us women have to put up with eh? Don't let it get you down :flowerforyou:
  • jenny7912
    jenny7912 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    oh im in the same boat.. I have been eating healthy and been doing the exercise thing like crazy and i havent lost a pound!! TOM is here and that explains it all!!!
  • dnthaveasn
    dnthaveasn Posts: 113
    Options
    I gain up to 10 lbs during mine.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    OMG, this makes so much sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I first started MFP on 5/13, I was doing really good and lost 3 lbs right off the bat, then gained all 3 back. I was discouraged, but didn't give up and then over the next 3 weeks, I lost those 3 lbs and 5 more. I never even THOUGHT of that. :noway: TOM was totally here during that time! :laugh:
  • dbabyx91
    dbabyx91 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i'm so happy to see people saying this.. a couple days before my TOM i was down to 201.8 then once i started i went up to 203.0 i figured it was water weight but it still made me a little disappointed but so i don't disappoint myself i am not going to weigh in during my TOM lol
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Just saying that the 1.5lb I thought I had put on disappeared after a few days- plus another 2lb- just goes to prove the point really!

I am never weighing myself during TOM again :)
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I was wondering this as well. I got on the scale yesterday before bed and i had gained half a pound....i was a bit worried. I'm 3 days in my cycle. Plus I can see my belly over my boobs and i haven been able to do that for about a week (14 pounds does wonders) I'll just wait until next weekend to weigh in. Longer you wait between weigh ins the bigger the loss seems anyways right lol
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Yes, I definitely gain! Thank goodness it's only water weight from bloating. I usually gain a few pounds the week before my period, and then drop it the week after it starts. I had a three-pound loss in two days this weekend from dropping the weight I gained during my period, lol.
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    i dont gain, so much as not lose any. i'll drop weight the first few weeks of the month, then sit there for about a week or so till it starts, during i dont weigh, but after its over i'll drop like 4 pounds overnight, and then go back to losing.
  • rachrach7595
    rachrach7595 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you this week. I only lost 0.3kgs but my lady days started early morning yesterday.
    It is what it is....hoping it will come off and take friends with it next week :)
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hello back!

I know the question has been answered, but it is always nice to have soome reinforcement :)

I ALWAYS gain around my period.. ALWAYS! It can range anywhere from +1-5 pounds. **** happens :p I would be SO TOTALLY STOKED with a .5 pound loss!!! You are more accostomed to higher losses, but a .5 pound loss is nothing to shake a stick at! It is a great loss, especially on your period :)

There are always going to be day to day flucuations in weight, even when you are maintaining :) It is ok, I swear :)
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Maybe I don't lose as much as I should but I don't actually put on.
  • scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Maybe I don't lose as much as I should but I don't actually put on.

I'm lucky as I'm the same, no losses but never a gain of more than a couple of oz, I weigh but tend not to record it that week just so I'm aware of the general trend.
  • kerrykezz
    kerrykezz Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm experiencing the same thing but on a really positive note I've not experience the crippling period pain I usually suffer from since limiting the carbs and calories.