Are you Canadian??

Options
Are you a Canadian citizen? If you are- WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? GO VOTE!

Don't forget to bring one of the following to the polls:

OPTION 1:
Show one original piece of identification with your photo, name and address. It must be issued by a government agency.

OPTION 2:
Show two original pieces of authorized identification. Both pieces must have your name and one must also have your address. (E.g. A piece of ID + a phone or hydro bill.)

OPTION 3:
Take an oath and have an elector who knows you vouch for you (both of you will be required to make a sworn statement). This person must have authorized identification and their name must appear on the list of electors in the same polling division as you. This person can only vouch for one person and the person who is vouched for cannot vouch for another elector.

Polls open and close in local time
Newfoundland Time 8:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Atlantic Time 8:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Eastern Time 9:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Central Time* 8:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Mountain Time* 7:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Pacific Time 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.

*In Saskatchewan, when daylight saving time is in effect for the rest of the country, voting hours are from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. (local time).

If you have ANY questions about where to go vote or any other needs you may have contact Elections Canada at 1-800-463-6868 or go to elections.ca.

Do it!! :)

Replies

• Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness! :-)
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I am voting at my lunch break.
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Yayyy voting! I'm actually excited to see how things turn out with this election. I'll admit I groaned along with the rest of Canada when the election was first called... but it's certainly proved more interesting than I anticipated! :)
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Took the whole family, and we all voted, now we are hunkering down to wait for the results!
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Getting off work early to vote!!

Get to the polls Canucks! If you don't then you aren't allowed to whine about who wins