living abroad

Options
dylanne
dylanne Posts: 4 Member
Hi! My name is Cindy and I just joined myfitnesspal about 2 weeks ago. I'm currently living in Germany as my spouse is active duty. I have three children(from a teen to a preschooler). Just wondering if there is anyone else over here who is struggling with and enjoying the wonderful German and Italian food.

Replies

• seleck05
    seleck05 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am moving to France over the summer for 4 weeks and I am sure I will be in the same boat!
  • Derm94
    Derm94 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    We moved back to the states a year ago after a 2.5 year tour in Italy. We traveled to Germany as many times as we could because we love it there. I also have a high schooler and a preschooler. (And 5 others in between.) I gained about 20 lbs while living overseas. Right before I came back to the states I lost it all because I didn't want to return home overweight. But then, I gained it all back because we spent the first 6 months home eating everything that we missed while we were there. Ugh! Now I am back on the site (I had used it before) and am down 10 lbs. Really, I would like to lose 20 more and be done with it.
    Ahhh, the food in Italy, and Germany....was to die for. Where in Germany are you? We are in DC now. Take care and good luck!!
    Jennifer
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Back in the states after a stint in France and a not-so-permanent permanent few years in Scotland. Feel free to add me. :)

We were in a good place when we initially moved overseas, weight and health wise. Then a baby kinda happened and oh well, you've probably heard what happens after that. *grin*