Trouble breathing during Allergy Season

Options
So, I've had allergies all my life. However, my asthma was never really related to it in the Spring. But now, even when I'm sitting, I tend to wheeze. I have no idea what's going on. Allergy season is kicking my rear end this year. Red eye, watery, crusties...squishy eye? D: And wheezing. Crap, and I don't know how I'm going to survive exercising today.

Replies

• stevierar
    stevierar Posts: 2
    Options
    Sounds just like hayfever; I don't think it's uncommon for it just "appear" all of a sudden even if you've had a life time of no symptoms. There's loads of products available for it (in Boots, for instance), but if they don't work, your doctor can prescribe some fantastic things :D
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I have to take Singulair every night for my allergies, and occasionally have to use an inhaler. It sounds like you may need an allergy medicine and an inhaler.
  • jdier
    jdier Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I've had allergy-induced asthma my whole life. It affects my workouts for sure. The more I run, the better my lungs respond to exercise. Sounds like you need to see an allergist to change/get some medication. Changing brands can make a HUGE difference. I wouldn't be able to exercise if it weren't for my medicine. With proper care you can exercise and breathe better! Try circuit training or yoga until your breathing gets better. Friend me if you would like. I would love to give you support with this!:smile:
  • AUPerry
    AUPerry Posts: 166
    Options
    I have that too, avoid from running outside if you can I suppose, or just take some Claritin, it works wonderfully!
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    APPLE CIDER VINEGAR

I used to have seasonal allergies SOOOOOO bad that I couldnt do anything! Literally TIRED, headaches and ina blur all day.......
    I started taking 2tblspn of Apple Cider Vinegar every morning and I sometimes forget that I even have allergies.......... (It needs to be ORGANIC and "with the MOTHER")

Trust me peeps- it is worth a shot!!!
  • yay2012
    yay2012 Posts: 72
    Options
    I agree with Edestiny7, you definitely need to get checked out but I bet an inhaler before exercising and some sort of allergy med will work. I was having breathlessness and I wondered if I was having a heart attack-had a chest x-ray, lung function test, tested for allergies, everything came back fine. Was on the inhaler and an asthma med but was still breathless. I finally put myself on Zyrtec (otc walmart variety) and my breathlessness is gone. I am convinced that it was allergy related, but It is always good to have breathlessness checked out by a Dr. to rule out other serious possibilities. Good luck! It stinks to not be able to breathe. :o(
  • jessie580
    jessie580 Posts: 87
    Options
    I have allergy related ashthma also.

I live with a cat (who I love) but it makes me have asthma every single day.
    It's hard to exercise when I can barely breath from my allergies affecting my body so much!

I take singulair and zyrtec every night - it has helped a ton, but not 100%
    I take my resue inhaler almost every day :(

I know the feeling! try speaking with an allergist or your doctor and see if they can help you out...lots of options out there.