Norman ok jogging newbie

Ljc3
Ljc3 Posts: 46
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
My local friends are couch potatos! Anybody from norman ok area wanna do some jogging/running? Im totally new to it- but I want to get much better and I really think it would help to have someone to push me and for me to push! Never had any experience with weirdos on mfp- but I know how the internet can be..so plz no creepers! I dont care how long it takes I will find a jogging buddy haha! Comment or msg me!

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Look into 'Couch to 5K' or C25K to help give you a plan.
  • XBabigrl72
    XBabigrl72 Posts: 88
    wish I could be unfortunately I'm no where near your area, to any degree, but I wanted to comment I'm new to walking/jogging and am liking it so far even if it by myself.
  • Ljc3
    Thanks dan I was just windering what all the c25k posts were! Im gonna look into it!
  • saradm98
    saradm98 Posts: 21 Member
    I am to far to jog with you personally but I too would like to start jogging too. If you want we can be long distance jogging partners and try to keep each other accountable until you find someone locally.
  • Ljc3
    Sounds like a plan saradm98! :)
  • cozdobe
    cozdobe Posts: 6
    well i'm here is sydney.. I have just started jogging trying to get ready for motherday fun run classic for breast cancer in 1 week i have managed to jog @ 10km hr for 15 mins ..
    pretty pleased with that just got to push forward to 4km in 15mins then by 7th may should be able to push to 8km

I jog 3 times a day 2km .. this way seems to build my stamina pretty well
This discussion has been closed.