I had to look on the positive side

patty9013
patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
edited September 26 in Motivation and Support
I was really down because I don't see that a pound here or two pounds there was that good. I look at everyone else's weight loss. But this morning I looked at it a new way .
I have lost 6 lbs in a month!!!! And that is great for me!!
I didn't gain it overnight and I won't lose it that way.
Slow and steady wins the race
And I'm 3 lbs from Onederland!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    wonderful!!!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    I'd love to lose 6 pds in a month that is fantastic congrats
  • Great job! you can do it, and yes be positive!!!

Talking down to yourself isn't the way to go... if you sit and motivate others, you should talk to yourself the same way!!!!

Go girl go!!!
  • jstud76
    jstud76 Posts: 7 Member
    I lead a TOPS group and we did a awesome program last week that may really help you out. We each brought in a visual of how many lbs we had lost since we started whole heartdly trying to lose weight. It was so lifting to see and pick up what we had each lost. ( Mine was 2 15 lb bowling balls = 30 lbs) We had bags of potatoes and onions, barbells, and canned goods galore!!!

The neatest thing was that among the 6 of us in the group we have lost 122 lbs - THAT IS A WHOLE PERSON!!!
    It really inspired us to keep chugging along and showed us what we had accomplished thus far.

The best advice I can give you - Don't look back, keep moving forward and slow and steady wins the race!! Good luck!!!
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    I was really down because I don't see that a pound here or two pounds there was that good. I look at everyone else's weight loss. But this morning I looked at it a new way .
    I have lost 6 lbs in a month!!!! And that is great for me!!
    I didn't gain it overnight and I won't lose it that way.
    Slow and steady wins the race
    And I'm 3 lbs from Onederland!
    You've got this!
    "Slow & Steady wins the race!!! EXACTLY!
    Everytime I weigh and haven't gained (don't count the up coz of H2O days)- I win!!!! And when I do have a loss I feel blessed! Congrats on being SO close to Onederland! I'm 15 away but 8 months ago I was 40 away - it's all about perspective!
This discussion has been closed.