EATING ALL YOUR CALORIES

Options
I'm finding it pretty easy to eat all my calories and stay under on days that I do NOT workout, but on days that I do workout (6 days a week) I'm burning at least 500 calories each day and I end up with a lot of calories remaining at the end of the day. Last week I let the excess calories just go to waste, FYI DO NOT DO THAT!!! I gained a pound as a result of not eating enough. Since then I have been eating all of my calories and keeping my workouts the same. This week my progress should be much better, if eating all of my calories doesn't work then I'm not sure what else to do. Has anyone else experienced this???

Replies

• sarahmay25
    sarahmay25 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Last week I worked out every day except rest day and I found it hard to eat back all my calories too. I eat so much veggies and whole grains that I am pretty much always full. But I was stuck at the same weight all week. Well this week I am going to eat more in the morning and switch my workout circuits up a bit to re-stimulate my metabolism and I'll see. Although after rest day (yesterday) I have lost another lb... So maybe it would be a good idea to eat a bit more than our workout calories and see if that changes anything...
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Well I have started to notice that on days that I dont workout, I usually eat light for Breakfast and Lunch, and have a big Dinner in order to stay under calorie goal. But I have found myself still working out on my off days, even if its just walking about the neighborhood. It all depends on what you eat, because you can eat alot of a certain thing and still have over 1,000 calories left over. I very rarely eat all my calories.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this sometimes as well. I usually exercise at night because of my school schedule, and when I am done, I'm tired and want nothing more than a shower and bed. I don't want to try to figure out how I'm going to stuff food into me. Protein shakes are nice and all, but even that doesn't interest me because it involves prep work. I am doing to try making them before hand and having them at the gym with me that way I can just gulp it down afterward.... we shall see!
  • sallye55
    sallye55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I havn't been eating much, thinking I would lose weight faster. I was wrong. I've had no weight loss for two plus week and have been under my calories. The last tow days I ate everyone of them, and to my amazement, 1.5 off in these last two days. Goes to prove that the experts do know what they are saying. I am making sure that I eat ALL my calories and hoope it's what my body needed!!! Good Luck!!!
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I am seriously considering kicking up my calories so I am at goal and seeing what happens ^_^
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    If eating all your calories back doesn't work you can do a couple things:

1. Take a look at where you are getting your calories from. If you are getting them from a few high fat, high sodium, high sugars foods then you may want to switch out some of your typical foods.
    2. You can vary your exercise routine. If your body gets used to one routine it won't burn as many calories.
    3. Stick with it! Sometimes it just takes a little bit of time to show results since your body needs time to adjust to your new diet/exercise plan. The weight will come off. Also keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat so sometimes it seems like you aren't losing anything but you are.

Keep at it!

Nicole
  • NAMsMommy
    NAMsMommy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I also find that working out in the morning really helps me. Not only am I full of energy, but I know how many calories I have for all day, vs working out in the evening and struggling to get all the calories.

PS I have done both the am and pm workouts and as much as I HATE getting up, it really is worth the effort. The days I do it, I feel so much better. =)