B6?

Options
I've been taking a multivitamin daily for a few weeks now. An instructor from the gym mentioned that B6 can act as a natural diuretic. I figured I'd try it... since I retain water like crazy! I took it for the first time today (only 100mg plus whatever's in my multivitamin). I was feeling a little dizzy and light-headed within a little while after I took it. Has anyone else experienced this? I wasn't feeling like myself all weekend... so it could have nothing to do with the b6... but I saw another poster on here saying they had similar side effects. Anyone else have experience with B6? The good? or the Bad?

Replies

• carmenstop1
    carmenstop1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Are you taking it on an empty stomach? I find if I take any vitamins or supplements on a empty stomach I get dizzy, light headed, and even nauseous sometimes! Try taking it with a meal or a snack.
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Are you taking it on an empty stomach? I find if I take any vitamins or supplements on a empty stomach I get dizzy, light headed, and even nauseous sometimes! Try taking it with a meal or a snack.

Me too! I took it with my breakfast... and water. Plus, I've had a snack since then :-/
  • carmenstop1
    Options
    How high of a dose is it? I know it comes in 125mg and 250? If you are taking the 250mg, maybe cut it back a little, or maybe you can't tolerate it! It isn't good to walk around dizzy and light headed all day!
  • carmenstop1
    Options
    I just googled B6 and read on wikipedia that B6 is used to treat nausea and hangovers? Maybe you are getting enough from your diet and your body doesn't need more?
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't make you dizzy, but you do need to drink more water with it than usual. It will also make you pee BRIGHT yellow. Becuase your body can't really process ALL of the B vitamins in a b vitamin supplement.
  • angelaplaxton
    Options
    Avoid completly taking it on an empty stomache, take wtih small bowl of plain cooked oatmeal, or a piece of toast.
    Keep Hydrated.. if its in your multivitamin, and if its enough in the vitamin, just remain with the vitamin. If not take whats in the vitamin and a does in a B6 form that equalls closely to what you've been recomended. Advise that the gym person isn't a doctor, and doesn't know YOU. always check with a dietition or nutritionist, you're local health clinic can find you a nutritionist. Also, ask the pharmisist at the persciption counter these questions you have -they're the best!!!
    Cheers
  • amcmillan730
    Options
    It shouldn't make you dizzy, but you do need to drink more water with it than usual. It will also make you pee BRIGHT yellow. Becuase your body can't really process ALL of the B vitamins in a b vitamin supplement.

I've been drinking a ton of water today... and this may be TMI... but my pee is clear haha :blushing:
  • amcmillan730
    Options
    Avoid completly taking it on an empty stomache, take wtih small bowl of plain cooked oatmeal, or a piece of toast.
    Keep Hydrated.. if its in your multivitamin, and if its enough in the vitamin, just remain with the vitamin. If not take whats in the vitamin and a does in a B6 form that equalls closely to what you've been recomended. Advise that the gym person isn't a doctor, and doesn't know YOU. always check with a dietition or nutritionist, you're local health clinic can find you a nutritionist. Also, ask the pharmisist at the persciption counter these questions you have -they're the best!!!
    Cheers

I took it with oatmeal this morning ;-) I'll have to check the amount in my multivitamin. I wish I could afford a nutritionist :(