MN spring sucks so far!

Options
Anyone else live in MN and shares my disappointment in mother nature?? I feel like winter was soo long and cold and we got dumped on with snow, i want warm weather NOW!! it was even snowing this morning!! And we're already into may! Its been in the 40's and cloudy and rainy for the last month or so with snow here and there. Whatever happened to global warming? obviously MN missed that memo... Maybe its time to relocate??

Replies

• T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the UK
  • dlangenfeld
    dlangenfeld Posts: 119
    Options
    I'm with you...I also live in Minnesota and am completely sick of the weather. It was snowing in November and since it snowed a little yesterday, it has been snowing for six months here! Yuck!!!!!!!
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    St. Paul! And i am so sick of this cold, wet/snowy weather! Where is the spring? Maybe we will skip right into summer?

First 6 inch snow November 13 and still cold here! LONG winter
  • tvaye10
    tvaye10 Posts: 19
    Options
    I agree! Hang tight though...the weather man says it's supposed to get better tomorrow...YAY! :flowerforyou: *Fingers Crossed*
  • Annieminnesota
    Annieminnesota Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm in MN too, it sucks!! Don't even want to step outside today :(
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Arizona has a beautiful climate. Don't move to NW Oregon....it sucks here, too. One nice day yesterday, but April was horrible. They say global warming creates colder, wetter conditions in the northern parts of the country. Oh, great. :noway:
  • feliciapeters
    feliciapeters Posts: 525
    Options
    Sorry! I live in North Florida & spent yesterday with the kids at the beach. I grew up in Northern winters. NEVER going back. Even when the temp here is 104 its better than snow
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I don't think I would mind if it had been cold and snowing this whole time. Of course, yes, I'd be pissed that it's snowing in May...but we've had a few days of almost 70 and I want that so bad! Driving around with my moon roof open...LOVE IT.

We have a wood stove for our main source of heat, and a month or two ago we were debating on getting more wood, and how much to get. It's a good thing we got as much as we did! We're almost half way through it!!!
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I know! I want to run outside already! It was so cold yesterday I turned the furnace back...what's sad is that was the second time I had to restart it. You think I would give up already.
  • chefaimster
    Options
    I live west of the TC and I can't believe this "so-called" spring...snow yesterday....May 1. :sad:
  • misssuperstitious
    Options
    Another MN girl here! The wet cold weather stinks, but I'll take it over the tornadoes the poor people down South have had!
  • crazymomto3
    Options
    I'm in Seattle and it's been sucky here too. It's rained almost every day since fall and our summer was non-exsistent this last year. We have had only 4 days of 60 degree weather all year. And regardless of what everyone says, we usually don't rain 9 months out of the year... except for this year. :-( Spent spring break in AZ and I'm contemplating moving! :-D
  • Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm totally bummed (Minneapolis)! I pulled out of my garage this morning and it was snowing. At this point I'd settle for some sun.
  • 1983Miller
    1983Miller Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    MMM crazy weather man predicts 70 degrees and sunny for Dec 20, 2011in St. Paul, MN. Just hoping......maybe this global warming stuff has all the seasons mixed up!
  • pjol79
    pjol79 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I agree! Out with the cold! I got the bikes and the golf clubs out of storage a few weeks ago when it first brightened up for a few days, and then the weather just tanked again, ugh! Here's hoping the weather man is right and 60's are right around the corner.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Hey Neighbour to the South... I live in Manitoba and it has sucked up here too...
  • annie_p
    Options
    Another MN girl here! The wet cold weather stinks, but I'll take it over the tornadoes the poor people down South have had!

I agree 100%.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    This morning I felt chilled to the bone as I ventured out to go to the gym, and I was deflated as I saw it "flaking" (I can't stand using the S word in MAY!) It was flaking yesterday evening as I left the gym too. Just sick of the weather being so cold, gloomy, and wet.

My husband and I are planning to move within the next few years.. we just want an adventure and starting over somewhere would be.. Just not sure where or exactly when. We were toying with Spokane WA area.. now I am just not so sure about there either..

Try to keep our chins up.. It will get better and when it does Summer in MN is Beautiful!

Today, I am blessed to be home with my kiddos, have a warm home to care for them in and as a bonus I chose today to be a comfy sweats and t-shirt day!
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Another MN girl here. I have been calling that "s" stuff "White Fluffy Rain" lately because I refuse to think it's snowing, lol. But it's really starting to depress me. I don't think I EVER remember snow in MAY and I've lived here now for about 18 years. :p I just want to plant my garden, feel some warm sun on my face, run around outside with the kids and not have to worry about coats, hats & mittens! Our summers are short anyways...feeling pretty bahhh-humbug about the whole thing.
  • annie_p
    Options
    Another MN girl here. I have been calling that "s" stuff "White Fluffy Rain" lately because I refuse to think it's snowing, lol. But it's really starting to depress me. I don't think I EVER remember snow in MAY and I've lived here now for about 18 years. :p I just want to plant my garden, feel some warm sun on my face, run around outside with the kids and not have to worry about coats, hats & mittens! Our summers are short anyways...feeling pretty bahhh-humbug about the whole thing.

My mom and I call it Volcanic Ash.