what did you accomplish in April?

Options

Replies

• corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I also reached a healthy BMI.

Technically I didn't eat any Easter candy either, but I did have chocolate dipped strawberries, does that count or not?
  • pennylane986
    pennylane986 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Inch and a half off my waist and 6 pounds away from goal of 130 :) 2 inches off under my shoulder blade :) the scapula?

8 personal training sessions, and survived the toughest class at the gym: Boot Camp!!! :)
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    My biggest accomplishment was at the end getting to 199.9!!!!!

I lost a few pounds and inches to, but nothing matches that :)
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    Ran my first 5k EVER and loved it.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    My bigest accomplishment (for me) was finally making it to ONEderland!! :bigsmile:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Did the Warrior Dash 5K for the first time.
    Broke my plateau.
    Finished phase 2 or round 4 of my P90X / Insanity hybrid.
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great exercise to reflect upon our achievements to date, and to celebrate them!

In April, I...

-Went on a 2 week business trip and vacation, and didn't gain any weight! I worked out daily and tracked my calories as much as I could. My measurements and fat percentage went down in this time period!
    -Lost 6 lbs
    -Reached my 140s, which I haven't been in almost a decade
    -Fit into clothes that I bought years or even months ago, hoping I'd fit into them one day. Also fit into a lot of clothes that I already had but became too fat for - this was the best NSV of the month :smile:
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 5K on April 16th. I am very proud of it. I cried after the finish line. I couldnt run 30 seconds when I started. But during the race I never stopped to walk, even though the terrain was much steep. I moved from 189 into 183. I am trying to keep up with water and calorie intake. Calorie intake is still a struggle, but working on it.
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    My accomplishment in April was that I now fit, comfortably, in a (UK) size 12, which is the smallest size ever for me. I currently have the smallest wardrobe in Ireland, I literally have to buy everything new, including underwear.
    Expensive business, that losing-weight thing! :happy:
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I lost 8.8 lbs in April and so proud because I am so close to reaching my goal weight to 150 lbs.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    I did a 10k All-Trail fun run Easter morning.

I had not run further than 8K before that, nor had I ever run trails before, so I was pretty happy w/ just finishing! It was sunny but muddy from rain the day before. It was a super mellow fun run where the awards were chocolate bunnies and carrots and at the start of the race, they gave everyone plush ears.

I'm a 'back of the pack' runner, so it was surreal to see all these bunny-eared runners in front of me!!! :laugh:
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    that i am able to pull out anything in my closet and put it on with confidence. no more worrying about trying to hide muffin tops or bulging belly. takes me less time to get ready in the morning now!!
  • shelly650
    shelly650 Posts: 319
    Options
    Mine wasnt very successful!! :cry:
    I hit a plateau, but managed to give up tea for lent (I had a serious tea addiction! :laugh:, I could easily drink 8 cups a day!) So I was proud of that!! But thats about it unfortunately!!

Hopefully May will be more kind to me!!
    Well done on your achievements!!
  • elephantmeg
    elephantmeg Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    despite not loosing any weight I have lost almost 7 inches (3.5 from hips, 2.5 from waist, some from arms and thighs)!
    I have increased my running speed on the treadmill from 6 to 7.5
    I have started running outside and can now run 5 miles (on hills!) with only 2 min of walking
    I exercised all but 3 days in April!
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Had a good month of April.
    I lost 13 pounds.
    Upped my elliptical time from 30 mins to 40 mins.
    Did not have any candy or sweets on Easter.
  • lizconnor0823
    Options
    What a great thread!

In April I...

Lost 7.5 lbs and 5 inches.

Rediscovered my love of running.

Started strength training and may have developed a muscle!

Looked at a recent picture of me and wasn't completely disgusted.
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    -Reached and exceeded half way to goal (70lbs since November 8, 2010)
    -Started C25K only to realize that I could already run a mile at a time (finished the month running 3 miles without stopping)
    -Actually posted pictures of myself
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    * Ran 4 miles non-stop first time
    * Ride my bike again, which has been hanging in the garage ceiling since 2006 (I think)
  • _CHRISTIE_
    _CHRISTIE_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I signed up for MFP and decided to take back my health and my life! :) and I also lost 8 lbs in the process of doing so!
  • mskatec22
    mskatec22 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    In April, I...
    Lost 8lbs
    Worked out 19/30 days
    Stayed under my 1,200 calorie limit for 21/30 days.
    Fit into my "skinny" jeans.
    Have been generally happier.
    Didn't eat any chocolate.
    Skipped the "goodies" on the teacher's room table!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!