Question

Options
Hey all I got a question

I just got a HRM and am loving it. Today I just wanted to experiment and wear it throughout my day. I am at 5 hours now and it says 1226 Calories burned. How realistic do you think this is?

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    HRM are not designed to be worn like that. You may not get and acurate reading because of this. I think the only ones that are designed to wear all day like that is a body bug.

That being said, seems high. I don't know if you exercised yet, but 1226 divide by 5 equals 245.2 x 24 hrs = 5884.8. That seems like a lot if calories to burn in a day, unless you are an athlete. (me, I guess i'm just a math geek.)
  • nab22
    nab22 Posts: 168
    Options
    Maybe a little high? Mine is around 2.5 calories/minute which seems high also, so I'm probably not the best person to comment... If you're active and have a high metabolism it could be right though. I thought when I got my HRM it would solve all these mysteries but I still don't know what's accurate haha
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    yea I did the same thing and it's not realistic .... I think the band must get moved or something... it said my highest HR was 240 which is nearly impossible by sitting at a desk.. I found that if i were to stand the numbers were much more accurate.

I only wear mine well working out, or if I am going for a walk or something.
  • Windi38
    Windi38 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    they aren't made for that at all. If you want to see what you actually burn on a regular day, you are going to have to go get a bodybugg or something like that that IS designed for that.
  • Dicktracy64
    Options
    LOL...1226 in 5 hrs is probably close to being accurate. It depends on your personal stats i.e. height, weight, how much you move about. Mine says that I burn about 2200 - 2600 calories a day just being up n about....
  • codexavellum
    codexavellum Posts: 112
    Options
    I've done some exercising during this 5 hours too. Granted not much, just some stuff I can do while bored at work :)