How much weight do you gain?

Options
This is regarding TOM.

No matter what I do, I always gain around 4-6lbs the week of it, then I spend the week after getting rid of that 4-6lbs. Then I lose maybe 2-3lbs the next two weeks, then it starts all over again. This is the same cycle every month, I am not sure how to to prevent this or if it is inevitable, does it happen to anyone else? I still exercise and drink a lot of water the week before and during it so I am not sure why I gain that many lbs. Any one else have the same issue. My point is I'd like to lose more than 2-3lbs every month and not gain 4-6lbs.

Replies

• StartingOver4Me
    Options
    bump
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    You know when I was heavier I actually gained less weight the week before and the week of. Now that I'm smaller, I gain anywhere from 5-7lbs, but it comes on slowly. It'll start with a couple pounds the week before and then right before I start AND right at the beginning I shoot up another 3-4 pounds.

Usually, it is gone before it stops -- but, not always. Sometimes it lingers into the start of the next week. I think it depends on how much I've given in to my cravings when I had PMS.
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Cravings and stress were big triggers for my gain during that time....A lot of people that I have talked to say that stress is a #1 factor in weight gain and not being able to get it off.
  • monibee
    monibee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I gain between 3-6 pounds during the week before and during. It's mainly water weight and it typically comes off without even trying so I don't worry about it too much. And it's usually gone before I finish too. I'm always crazy hungry the week before so I just assume that my body needs more and I tend to lose my appetite during. It all evens out in the end.
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    5-10 pounds. It REALLY sucks!!
  • Windi38
    Windi38 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Do you take water pills for your TOM? I've heard that it's pretty much water retention that causes us to gain that weight. I was gaining 3-5 pounds every month, but this time around, I haven't gain anything. I drink a lot more water than I ever used to, though.

but it sounds like you ARE drinking the water, so maybe you just need to find something to help you flush it out, since your body is insisting on holding on to it. Not much of a suggestion, but it's all I got! LOL
  • Moop87
    Moop87 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I hate this!!! I gain about 8 pounds right prior to my period. This last time it took me by surprise thought because I had gained the weight but wasn't due for aweek or so. I was frustrated wondering what I did. Turns out it came early.

The thing with me is when I get it, I can't lose the weight until after my period is over or pretty close to it. Drives me nuts, but I deal with it best I can; eat some chocolate to get rid of the cravings and wait for it to be over.
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how much water you are drinking. If you are drinking 8 glasses bump it up to 12 the week before and you'll see a huge difference at least that is the case for me. Let me know if it works for you.
  • size08
    size08 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    yeh, time of the month is a pain in the *kitten*. I was on the master-cleanse diet this weekend, totally useless. didn't loose an inch. but when I had a day job which required a lot of running around all day, I was able to eat 3 proper meals a day, I was at my goal weight, and when that time of the month reared it's ugly head I would always gain a kilo. (2lbs) when they finished, I would loose it.

seems normal......but a totally frustrating experience this week-end,. :cry:

would I have done better to take advantage of those McDonndles vouchures?:sad:
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    Funny thing is I don't have cravings, I'm just more hungry, I used to crave bad things before but now I just usually eat more but still exercise to burn it off.
    I'm glad to see others in the same boat...not that I wish this upon anyone.
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    I'm not sure how much water you are drinking. If you are drinking 8 glasses bump it up to 12 the week before and you'll see a huge difference at least that is the case for me. Let me know if it works for you.

I drink about a 14-16cups on average.
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    bump