I thought eggs had protein?

Options
grace173
grace173 Posts: 180 Member
I just added a hard boiled egg there and there was 0 protein which surprised me as I always thought they had protein

Replies

• JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I just added a hard boiled egg there and there was 0 protein which surprised me as I always thought they had protein

Find another listing. They surely do have protein.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options

I'm sure they do at least that's what I've been told all my life.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Yes, egg has protein. The database has loads of erroneous and incomplete info in it - search again for a better detailed version of egg! (Boiling doesn't change any of the nutritional value, so just "egg" will do)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    A large egg has about 7 grams protein on average...that entry must not have been completely filled out.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I found a listing the other day that had everything but the calories :noway: It also annoys me when I add something and the only thing it has is the calorie count.

What you can do is google the correct numbers or look at the package and then correct the listing.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Eggs absolutely have protein! I would double check the listing and find something in the database that has confirmations of the nutritional information! :)
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    yeah, love when they ignore sodium, had that on milk i was drinking, boggling, why only fill it in half a**ed?
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Eggs definitely have protein. Check a different listing on here, some people only add the calories. I always recommend double checking everything against the label on your food if you can because a lot of the listings here are wrong.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    look at the label on the egg carton and find a listing that matches that! Egg have protein! Something like 5 g I think!!
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    search the brand...click "nutritional info" under the name and it should tell you how many people confirmed it's accuracy. Eggs has protein. You're better off searching the brand
  • ronchap
    ronchap Posts: 60
    Options
    I look to see iff there are any confirmations. If not I'll look at another item or look it up online
  • ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    That is one of the problems with the members adding data to the food calculations. I wish the system would not allow you to add an item if the nutritional value can't be completed. Most people look at more than just calories.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    If you see an incorrect entry, please help out the rest of us and edit it!
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Try to add the items that DO NOT have the asterisk ( * ) next to it - the ones without the asterisk are the confirmed MFP-added items. I have eggs listed without as asterisk. It looks like this:
    Eggs - Hard-boiled (whole egg), 2 large
    Whereas if a user added an item it would say:
    *Egg, hard boiled
  • aimee0515
    aimee0515 Posts: 67
    Options
    Not sure if you have a smart phone...but there is a mfp app that you can download for free and it has a feature where you can scan the bar codes of your foods and it automatically loads the nutritional information from the label. Eggs definitely have protein!!!!!!!!!!