Hello from the east of England!

Options
Hi all!!!

I'm 30, live in the uk and have at least 60lbs to lose! I've been lurking around this site for a while but yesterday started properly!

I'm a vegetarian, and a bit of a carbaholic!!!

Anybody out there who'd be my buddy? The more the merrier!! You guys are inspirational! :0)

Speak to you all soon at some point I hope

Gem xx

Replies

• Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm Orig from Suffolk!
    moved to Belfast 2 years ago!
    can I add you as a friend?
  • emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    Hi there - I'm in the East too :smile:

I'm not vegetarian, but I am DEFINITELY a carboholic. It's not doing me any favours at the moment either so I'm trying to switch to whole grain versions :wink:
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome, :flowerforyou: I'm in sunny South Wales!
    There are lots of us here from the UK if you look hard enough. Good luck with your weight loss
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Glad you properly joined.

If you have been lurking, then you already know what a great communitiy of people this is.

Good luck and I will send you a add request.
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Hello there!

I'm 21, live in the UK and (did) have at least 60 lbs to lose, although I'm half way through that now. :)

Feel free to send me a friend request and we can grace each others' timelines. Also let me know if you're the kind of person who wants 'always friendly encouragement' or 'tough love'.

Good luck with your weight loss and remember: it's a learning curve, so things may not be perfect from the word go!
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome - I'm sure you'll soon wonder what you ever did without MFP! Happy to share your journey with you and look forward to seeing your progress.
  • emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options

Also let me know if you're the kind of person who wants 'always friendly encouragement' or 'tough love'.

This is a good question: Sometimes the 'friendly encouragement' can just encourage me to be naughty and fall off the rails when a bit of a slap and being told to sort myself out might have kept me on the right track.

On the other hand it's so hard to give 'tough love' about weightloss without being offensive and, well, us Brits are renowned for being politically correct and reserved!

Such a great question, Helenium!
  • gemsyo
    gemsyo Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi all!!!

This is so exciting!!!! Feel free to add me!

I defo need tough love! Friendly encouragement is just not good for me!!! Hehe!!!

Thanks for replying so quickly!!
  • Robs_uk
    Robs_uk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey! Im from Norfolk and am finding this is working for me (slowly though!) add me if you like!
  • beckyb64
    beckyb64 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello!

I'm from Norwich, but now live in Windsor. Currently on Day 7 of counting calories with MFP. Lost 3lbs so far!

I've got 30lbs+ to lose initially, & then we'll see.

Good luck! Feel free to add me :)
  • eaglemonster
    eaglemonster Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    More the merrier, you welcome to add me.
  • cmr1977
    cmr1977 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey, am down in Cornwall, I started this properly today and am need of motivation!

Friend request on it's way!

Cx
  • zoebea33
    zoebea33 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi from Hull, wishing you lots of sucess on MFP friend request on its way to you :happy:
  • hannah0209
    hannah0209 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hellooo from London

Feel free to add me! :-) Good luck!
    xx
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome from Hertfordshire :flowerforyou:

I've sent a request :smile:
  • ibike
    ibike Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just joined a few days ago and would love to give and receive support. It would be great to have some friends from the UK. I live in the States Utah. I spent two years in England and Wales and want to come back so bad. I really miss the food so maybe it is a good thing I'm in Utah. Not sure how the friend thing works, add me if you would like and I'll try to do the same. Good luck everyone!
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    Hi Im from Yorkshire! Feel free to add me as a friend. I like a mixture of friendly encouragement coupled with tough love when its needed (which is alot!). We're all in this for the same goal and I don't think you can have too many friends :flowerforyou:
  • georgiagorwell
    Options
    Hello from Plymouth :)