Low or No Carb Snacks

Options
Help!!! I'm looking for some low or preferably no carb snacks. I tend to eat popcorn,fruit or carrots as a snack but that's really eating up the carbs I'm allowed. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Options
    Help!!! I'm looking for some low or preferably no carb snacks. I tend to eat popcorn,fruit or carrots as a snack but that's really eating up the carbs I'm allowed. Any suggestions?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    My snack lately has been plain Greek yogurt (like Fage, Kefir, or Chobani) with a teeny bit of Splenda to reduce the tartness. Flavored ones are high in sugar, but the plain one has only a few g of milk sugars (like 7) and a lot of protein in comparison. Low fat or FF dairy (ice cream not included lol) is a great source of protein and calcium and can be super duper low in carbs depending on what you're eating.
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for the same things...my two fav. snacks are fiber one bars and the 100cal mini bags of popcorn...that right there is over 50 carbs!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for the same things...my two fav. snacks are fiber one bars and the 100cal mini bags of popcorn...that right there is over 50 carbs!

I :heart: the chocolate and oats F1 bars....like candy...but they have some, well negative side effects, especially if you eat two like I do for breakfast.....I guess that's fiber for ya. The box is almost empty, I will buy jUsT one next time,not two...makes it last longer...
  • Lexino
    Options
    [/quote]

I :heart: the chocolate and oats F1 bars....like candy...but they have some, well negative side effects, especially if you eat two like I do for breakfast.....I guess that's fiber for ya. The box is almost empty, I will buy jUsT one next time,not two...makes it last longer...
    [/quote]

:laugh: EXACTLY!! Like eating candy bars (thats my fav too), I had to stop eating two a day as well...and I only buy one box at a time
  • Lexino
    Options
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

:laugh: EXACTLY!! Like eating candy bars (thats my fav too), I had to stop eating two a day as well...and I only buy one box at a time

Hmmm...what the heck did I do?? thats a quote up there:ohwell:
  • jamdblake4
    jamdblake4 Posts: 179
    Options
    I have whey protien shake before bed real low cab and some what sweet
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    My favorite mid morning snack is unsalted roasted peanuts.

1/4 cup has 120 calories, 5 g carbs, 16 g fat, 8 g protein. (Double check that number, I tossed my package and I swear it said 120 calories but the online thing here said 180 calories....)

Anyway, they really fill me up and keep me going during busy days. Good luck.
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Silhouette 0+ yogurt is mostly protein and only 60 cals per lil container!
    Celery stix with a lil cheese, natural peanut butter or hummus.
    unsalted pumpkin seeds are good as well:wink:
  • racoon1
    racoon1 Posts: 78
    Options
    JELL-O mmmm
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Options
    You guys are awesome!!! Keep the ideas coming. Now I can go grocery shopping tomorrow!!:smile:
  • tamifanny
    tamifanny Posts: 113
    Options
    My favorites are::drinker:

Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding 60C
    Popcorn 100C package
    Fiber 1 Bar (yes major side effects hahahahha) Oats & Peanut
    Cheese, Provolone 98C
    Mini Terriyaki drumettes (Safeway Deli) 50C
    Raw Pineapple
    Raw Watermelon
    Raw Cherries

I think I eat more snacks than meals since I joined MFP:bigsmile:
  • BoPeep1967
    BoPeep1967 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love the Laughing Cow Light Cheese wedges spread on a stalk or two of celery! Yum!
  • erussell
    erussell Posts: 48
    Options
    My tried and true low/no carb snacks:
    String Cheese
    Celery w/ peanut butter, hummus or cream cheese
    Nuts - lots to choose from
    SF Jello with a dab of cool whip (you can do the reg, lite or FF they are all low carb but fat differs)
    SF/FF pudding with a dab of cool whip
    Rolled piece of turkey lunch meat with slice of cheese, dip in mustard/mayo, sometimes roll lettuce or tomato in with it.
    Beef jerky (low carb, high protein but not my fav)
    Those crispbread/crackers ryecrisp I think they are called with some low carb spread-hummus, cream chs, p. butter, etc.
    For sweet tooth, low carb vanilla ice cream with diet root beer or orange soda makes a "float"

I probably have more but now I am hungry so have to go eat :)
  • erussell
    Options
    oh yeah duh I forgot to mention hardboiled eggs!!!
  • erussell
    Options
    and cottage cheese! I like mine with a few walnuts or almonds on the side or even some turkey sausage links. I have this for breakfast sometimes.
  • greeneyedgirl
    Options
    I've recently become addicted to cottage cheese. It is a great source of protein and calcium and is delicious!
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    A tablespoon of peanuts, almonds or cashews with an ounce of cheese. I also like low-fat beef jerky to chew on! good luck!
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    NUTS!!!!! Easy, portable, no need to prepare anything! Just watch the serving size: I pre-measure 2 tablespoons of almonds or peanuts or cashews or pistachios in little snack-sized Ziplocks. Then those little baggies come with me in every purse, desk drawer, glove compartment. I do believe the protein in nuts helps keep me fuller and with such easy access to a low-carb snack that doesn't need a fridge or a microwave, I have every reason to pick something healthy!

I also love deli turkey, hard-boiled eggs, cottage cheese, cucumbers, dill pickles, tomatoes, garbanzo beans. All are easy to pre-measure and take along wherever I go . . .

Hope this helps! Good luck!!!!
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Okay that is so wierd because I have the opposite problem I am always way under on my carbs like thirty or more at times!!