New Here, well on my way to my goal

gumbug
gumbug Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there, I'm new on this site. a personal trainer friend of mine told me about this site. I began my journey to a better lifestyle in June. I started with my weight at 180 and I am now at 169. I have a gym membership to a local gym that is AWESOME! Within in the gym I joined a Team Weight Loss class and we are in week 9 of 12. So far I've lost 8% body fat too. Thus far I like this site better than another that I was using because it has more food choices and better tracking. I do wonder though if I can enter my own RMR (BMR) info as well as some other stats that I got from the testing that the gym did on me? i'm doing 5 days of cardio and 2 days of weights. Per doctors orders as of yesterday I have to lay off the weights for a couple of weeks. (too much stress on my body) I wouldn't mind joining a group here too. I have a hard time keeping accountable and it is so easy for me to say, "eh, i don't feel like the gym today." I've got an elliptical at home and i've used it several times. i do enjoy it so I really have no excuses. The picture in my ticker is of my DH and I on vacation this past March at the Great White Sand Dunes in Alamogordo, NM. We have a DD that we adopted in 2006, she is 4 1/2 now and keeps me very busy. I am very lucky to be able to stay at home with her. She attends preschool 4 1/2 days a week. Oh, did I mention the gym also gives me 2 free hours of day care per day? Way cool!

Replies

• gumbug
    gumbug Posts: 4
    Hi there, I'm new on this site. a personal trainer friend of mine told me about this site. I began my journey to a better lifestyle in June. I started with my weight at 180 and I am now at 169. I have a gym membership to a local gym that is AWESOME! Within in the gym I joined a Team Weight Loss class and we are in week 9 of 12. So far I've lost 8% body fat too. Thus far I like this site better than another that I was using because it has more food choices and better tracking. I do wonder though if I can enter my own RMR (BMR) info as well as some other stats that I got from the testing that the gym did on me? i'm doing 5 days of cardio and 2 days of weights. Per doctors orders as of yesterday I have to lay off the weights for a couple of weeks. (too much stress on my body) I wouldn't mind joining a group here too. I have a hard time keeping accountable and it is so easy for me to say, "eh, i don't feel like the gym today." I've got an elliptical at home and i've used it several times. i do enjoy it so I really have no excuses. The picture in my ticker is of my DH and I on vacation this past March at the Great White Sand Dunes in Alamogordo, NM. We have a DD that we adopted in 2006, she is 4 1/2 now and keeps me very busy. I am very lucky to be able to stay at home with her. She attends preschool 4 1/2 days a week. Oh, did I mention the gym also gives me 2 free hours of day care per day? Way cool!
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Welcome!
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Your daughter is adorable! Welcome to the site- it's so great
  • Gator4RTR
    Gator4RTR Posts: 119 Member
    welcome to MFP!! :drinker:
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Welcome Aboard :flowerforyou: