Bored of food

Options
frecks
frecks Posts: 20 Member
I feel pretty limited in what I can eat and I am getting pretty bored of what I eat. I eat alot of frozen food just for quickness as I work full time but would love to add some new things into my diet which are yummy but not naughty. What good things do you people eat that don't make you feel guilty?? x

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Be cautious with the frozen foods...they tend to be pretty high in sodium. As for other ideas, bake a whole bunch of chicken breasts and keep them in the fridge. There are a million different things you can make with it and it will save time having them already cooked and ready to go =) Good luck!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I eat almost everything I did prior to MFP, just smaller portions. I still eat lasagna, stir fries, grilled meats, brown rice, whole grain bread, tortillas...check out the Recipe message board for ideas, though admittedly that board is mostly full of sugary/empty calorie kind of recipes.

I really like the EatingWell.com website for recipes and menu ideas. All meals are listed with calorie content and you can search by "500 calorie dinners" or "vegetarian" and other headers.
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese, hummus, veggies, lots of fresh fruits, low fat cheeses, 45 calorie small pitas, salsa, baked chips, kashi cookies, popcorn, taboule, baked chicken, spinach salads with reduced fat feta, nuts, and dried cranberries, yogurts, greek yogurts, fudge bars, weight watchers macaroni and cheese, brown rice, stir fried veggies, chili, low calorie wheat bread, and then there's always subway ;).
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Can you narrow it down a little? What exactly are you looking for? Snack? Chocolate? lunch/dinners?
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Check the link in my sig - http://bodyforlife.com/library/food-list

Mix and match to create a meal.
    1 Protein + 1 Carb + 1 Veggie = 1 Meal
  • amandamyers228
    Options
    i love hard boiled eggs - only 17 calories each if you dont eat the yolk. i just sprinkle them with pepper to add flavor
  • frecks
    frecks Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    thanks for your replies guys, some great ideas x
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I think someone already mentioned it, but hummus is great. I don't eat veggie burgers, but there is one kind: Morning star spicy black bean (it is delicious). I also like Laughing Cow cheese on Wasa light crackers (95 calories for 3 slices). Almonds is a good snack. Light yogurt. Everything is ok in moderation. I still eat candy bars, but instead of eating the whole thing I just have half. Fresh fruit is coming back which I am super excited about. I love rice cakes with whipped peanut butter. I also like Special K cracker chips - 27 chips for 110 calories, pop chips, or chippins are all good. My diary is open to the public; you can view it for ideas if you need too.
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    A delicious snack i like to make is Whole Wheat pita chips and hummus. You just cut the pita into triangles, pull apart the layers, lay flat on a sheet. Lightly coat with cooking spray and some garlic powder and (may the heavens strike me down for this) some salt. Toast in an oven or toaster oven until crispy and dip in hummus. YUM!
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    Check the link in my sig - http://bodyforlife.com/library/food-list

Mix and match to create a meal.
    1 Protein + 1 Carb + 1 Veggie = 1 Meal

Great resource! Thanks for sharing that
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Try adding different spices/condiments. THere are plenty out there that are low in cal/sodium these days. Sometimes just that can change the whole taste of foods and make then less mundane
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i'd love for you to stop by my blog and see what we eat for supper each night. i have been menu planning for over a year, so i have a good variety of choices. :) i also include some recipes.

http://www.everythingisbetterwithcheese.blogspot.com