NSV and good feelings all around!

Options
twinwolf
twinwolf Posts: 165 Member
So today I dug through my closet and was sorting clothes to donate. While I was looking I decided to try on a pair of pants that I haven't worn since I was 21 years old. They are size 38 Levi Dockers which were "in" back then. I've had them in the closet since not long after I got back from a cruise in 1997. I wouldn't say I could wear them every day yet, but they fit without having to suck in. A bit snug yet, but I really think in another 5-10 pounds I will be back in them. It was such a great feeling. I know they are 38s but every brand runs smaller or larger... I bought my first size 38 shorts last week since the late 90's and they fit great. I am really making a difference. I am not posting a picture yet, but I have gone from mens size 44 to size 38/40 since January 1st! I really think this is going well!

On to the next NSV....

While sorting the clothing. I found 54 items that I donated to a thrift store today. I bagged all that stuff up because I am not going back there. In the past when I have lost weight I always kept the clothing that was too big... almost like a just in case. Well, there is no "just in case" this time. I'm done. When I get to size 38 only, all the 40s are going too. And if by some miracle I get to a 36, then the 38s will go too... No looking backwards over the shoulder while trying to go forward.. IT DOESN'T WORK!!!

So, below I am going to post a picture for the first time. One of the list of clothing and one of the place where I donated. Yes, it is a tax write off and I will be using it as such, but more importantly not only did I just give away some once clothing for those less fortunate, but I am letting go!!!!!

IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

If this didn't work, let me know..

Replies

• kimbux
    kimbux Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Uhm.... what does NSV stand for??
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I am proud of you for acting on your determination to not have a just in case wardobe. WTG!

NSV = Non-Scale Victory for whoever is wondering...
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Dude, congrats. I was wearing a very snug 40" waist (I was probably a 42", but was in denial) on 11/10/2010. Today, I am wearing fairly loose 36" jeans and am starting to shop for 34" (had some 36" in the closet, but I haven't worn 34"s since high school). It's a great feeling, isn't it?
  • Capital_Q
    Capital_Q Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    NSV=Non Scale Victory!!

Congratulations Matthew! Job well done and super awesome attitude about looking forward and never going back. That's my motto too!!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Uhm.... what does NSV stand for??

Non
    Scale
    Victory
  • tolleirrigon
    Options
    Non scale victories
  • JeanK56
    JeanK56 Posts: 76
    Options
    Great job!
  • JeanK56
    JeanK56 Posts: 76
    Options
    Great job!
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    You know what: Wow! That is it right there, confidence in yourself and the lifestyle that you have embraced. Way to Go!
  • maryritt529
    maryritt529 Posts: 82
    Options
    YOU are doing fantastic!!
  • twinwolf
    twinwolf Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thanks people! It feels so great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!