THE DUKAN DIET AND THE ROYAL WEDDING.

Options
(http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/ )

This diet was made famous recently by the MIDDLETON women who used it in preparation for Kate and Will's big day. And we all know how amazing they looked. Has anyone had any experience with it ? How is it reviewed ?

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Here's my personal blog post about this diet. Please read!

http://leah-onesnap.blogspot.com/2011/04/1-book-in-america.html
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Remember that they already looked fantastic to begin with! I'm guessing they lost 5 pounds at most for the wedding!

Overall, the diet is not reviewed well as it is just that - a diet - and like all other diets, without lifestyle change, the weight is most likely going to come back. Its very similar I believe to an Atkins or a South Beach, but leaning more toward Atkins. It is pretty restrictive which means you can't stay on it for a lifetime (unlike South Beach which is doable in the later phases). At least with this "diet" they are upfront with the fact most people put the weight right back on - it even says it on the website "95% put the weight back on...." - lol. Of course they attribute this to them not following the last phase.
  • Rachel_Leigh84
    Options
    I did it for a while, lost a fair few pounds from it but it is impossible to stick to it for a long period of time and as soon as your off the wagon the weight goes straight back on. You just cant cut carbs out completely if you ask me, not to mention the fact you cant even have veggies for the first few days!!!!!
  • lindainak
    lindainak Posts: 101
    Options
    For $200 you can get your genes tested and get the perfect diet for you. One size diet does not fit all. It is not a diet to lose weight but more to live a healthier life and in the process you lose weight. I am doing it and it works. http://perfectgenediet.com/
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the Dukan diet and I like it. I don't plan on staying on it for a long time but just needed a jump start. I am very convinced, though, that low carb is the way to go- for me at least.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the Dukan diet and I like it. I don't plan on staying on it for a long time but just needed a jump start. I am very convinced, though, that low carb is the way to go- for me at least.

Careful. A low-carb diet long term can wreck your kidneys. Please see your doctor before you make any long term decisions like this.
  • jansus
    jansus Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    tried it
    did not like it
    found it very hard and personally felt quite ill

but ok if you have just a little weight to lose say before a holiday I guess

IMO
  • jazgal
    jazgal Posts: 122
    Options
    This was on Dr Oz today ... his final words were ... he was ok with phase one since it was short lived and one is not on it for a long period of time ... and produced fast weight loss .. was ok with phase two since it provided long term management skills .... as for phase 3 or the onsolidation phase .. he would like to see people stay off processed food and not go crazy with " eat what ever you like" other than that one day that is a protein day ..
  • jazgal
    jazgal Posts: 122
    Options
    :blushing: