I made a stirfry last night

Options
Ezada
Ezada Posts: 207 Member
And something was missing from it, a flavor, something I could not put my finger on.

1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
1tbs minced Garlic
1tbs minced Ginger
2 cups cauliflower
1.5 cups green pepper
1 cup diced carrots
1.5 cups Zuchinni
1 can bamboo
1 can of Mushrooms
1 cup shredded Spinach

Sauce
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 tsp cyanne pepper
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground ginger (I like ginger)
1 tbs fish sauce
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/4 cup water

I carmalized the onions with the garlic & ginger, added the spinach till wilted then threw on top the rest of the veggies, added a couple tbs of water and put the lid on to steam them a bit. I stirred the sauce together in a separate in a bowl. when the veggies were cooked to my liking I poured the sauce on top and added 1/4 cup of water, then let it cook till everything was all yummy looking.

It tasted good, better than I expected lol, had a bit of a spicy kick with a creamy flavor to it, but something was missing and I can't quite put my finger on it. Any ideas?

Replies

• ellenangel
    ellenangel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good! I would try a couple tsp of sugar or sweetener- stir-fries always seem to have a slightly sweet undertone to them that you don't really notice until it isn't there. Some canned pineapple junks with a little of the juice or toasted coconut might be a nice addition.
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Oooh, Pineapple sounds good! I am not a huge fan of coconut texture but the pineapple sounds major delish!
  • ellenangel
    ellenangel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Let me know how it goes- I love anything coconutty (though also not a fan of the texture!) :smile:
  • anzura
    anzura Posts: 171
    Options
    Sounds like you're missing soy sauce to me
  • fedupwithfrumpy
    Options
    You could try replacing the coconut milk and water with Low-Fat Greek Yogurt. We are now quite fond of the yogurt in spicy stir-fry now. It is a very healthy add too.