Whats a food habit you can't seem to shake?

Options

Replies

• sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I cannot give up Diet Mountain Dew. I don't even try anymore. I also must have half and half and splenda in my coffee. Again, I don't even try to stop it anymore. I just accept that artificial sweeteners are part of my life. :happy:
  • mattysmom
    mattysmom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Beer, it is amazing how fast you can drink your calories up having a couple bottles of beer
  • Rollyrover
    Rollyrover Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter!! I try to only have it 3 times a week on toast measuring out the amount.

No more 1 spoon on the toast, 1 spoon in my mouth. lol

Funny i agree
  • matwood74
    matwood74 Posts: 111
    Options
    Oh geesh!!! Let's see..... munching between meals, chocolate, pizza.... Now that the weather is warming
    up,,,,, ICE CREAM!!:smile:
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Dessert. I still have ot every night. Now it is just healthier. Strawberries with whipped cream or a skinny cow or chocolate milk. Sometimes, it's all 3 if it is in my calories for the day!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    Being in the clean plate club. So hard to break that habit. Also, not eating "free" food. I may not have had to pay for it with money but I'll sure pay for it with calories!
  • NitaCB
    NitaCB Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Picking and grazing at food even if I'm not hungry or I particularly want to eat it. The worst is doing that while I'm baking. And yes peanut butter...oh peanut butter I do love it so. The sugar-free gum sounds like a good thing for me.
  • zojo78
    zojo78 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Eating at night.... 5 pm rolls around and I'm a snack-a-holic.

Me too!! :-(
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    Pick eating while I cook. This is such a bad habit that I'm trying so hard to break. I actually do it so much that by the time dinner is done I'm full but then I eat again anyways :/
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Diet soda...i have cut back on it but it's just so hard! Also, chips...gosh I crave them like crazy!
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Social eating is where I struggle. Going out to eat with people or drinking or slowly grazing all night when there are snacks out is what gets me big time. When I can control everything I'm fine, but in social situations I let my guard down to be more palatable for other people. At my dad's birthday yesterday I was determined to be healthy and it felt like everyone was begging me to have a beer.
  • Rollyrover
    Rollyrover Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Pick eating while I cook. This is such a bad habit that I'm trying so hard to break. I actually do it so much that by the time dinner is done I'm full but then I eat again anyways :/

you could try getting some carrots sticks ready for you to eat while cooking. thats abit healthy aye
  • ales1979
    ales1979 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Snacking late at night after I've had my dinner! Usually something sweet is what I crave, particulrly chocolate!! I can't have whole bars of choc in the house cos once its opened I HAVE to finish it!

So I've switched to having the bags of fun size/ snack size choc bars in the house (all under 100 cals!) , because then its portioned, i know how many cals and I can stop myself from going all the way to the kitchen cupboard to get one when I know it'll take me over my cals!
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My worst one is probably beer/wine.

But I'm also a member of the clean plate club.

And it's HARD to eat healthy! I mean it's so difficult to plan so far in advance...or if I am busy/tired I will end up going to Extreme Pita at school instead of making myself somethnig :(
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Letting my husband stuff delicious pizza and chinese bites into my mouth when I obviously shouldn't be having it. At least they're only bites and not the whole meal. :(

Oh, and ben and jerry's boston cream pie ice cream. I've never loved ice cream before until this one. BUT I only allow myself 1/4 a cup. :))))
  • JPRobocker
    JPRobocker Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Snacking at work. I get bored sitting at my desk and I'll eat the snacks I have in my office. I've been switching out the junk food for healthy stuff, but still... it adds up quick!
  • JPRobocker
    JPRobocker Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Beer, it is amazing how fast you can drink your calories up having a couple bottles of beer

This ^^^. Me too.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Bread when I can't think of anything else to eat. I don't want it, I don't like it, and it makes me feel ill, but sometimes I just run out of ideas about what to eat and have it.
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I cannot seem to get rid of the International Delight French Vanilla creamer in my coffee EVERY morning. I've tried the sugar free and the fat free but I hate them. I NEED MY regular French Vanilla creamer :drinker:
  • brandicockrum
    brandicockrum Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Ice cream....the dreaded ice cream....any kind, any flavor....anytime of day....

I think I need Ice Cream Anonymous!