Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Options
Soooo everyday I go over on my Sodium, Sugar and Protein. :mad: :explode: :mad:
I am trying to cut out processed food but it is really hard to get away from them competely. Especially for my lunches. It is just too easy to grab something that is pre-prepared to bring to work.
Okay, I am over it...I just needed to vent because I am tired of seeing those three categories with negative numbers. :grumble: :grumble:

Replies

• tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Soooo everyday I go over on my Sodium, Sugar and Protein. :mad: :explode: :mad:
    I am trying to cut out processed food but it is really hard to get away from them competely. Especially for my lunches. It is just too easy to grab something that is pre-prepared to bring to work.
    Okay, I am over it...I just needed to vent because I am tired of seeing those three categories with negative numbers. :grumble: :grumble:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I had that issue to but I switched to grabbing things like the single serving tuna packets for lunch. Throw a little sweet relish in there and eat it with a couple wheat crackers. I'm not a big fan of tuna, but I can handle a serving. Good luck!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Going over on sugar isn't bad--if they're natural sugars from things like fruit. But you should watch even that and not pig out on stuff just because it's "natural." Moderation is the key

Protein--going over there isn't too bad either. MFP sets it protein low for many folks and some contend that a high protein diet is good for you--not sure what I stand on that but that's what some claim.

Sodium--now that can be a problem! It can cause fluid retention and lead to High blood pressure. the way to cut out sodium is to cut out processed prepared foods, canned foods, deli meats, don't add salt when you're cooking, and use Lite Salt when you do use it.
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Yum that sounds good. Although it sounds like more of a snack for me :tongue:
    I have to eat something filling for lunch or I am ravenous around dinner time and over eat or snack on stuff all night long.
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Going over on sugar isn't bad--if they're natural sugars from things like fruit. But you should watch even that and not pig out on stuff just because it's "natural." Moderation is the key

Protein--going over there isn't too bad either. MFP sets it protein low for many folks and some contend that a high protein diet is good for you--not sure what I stand on that but that's what some claim.

Sodium--now that can be a problem! It can cause fluid retention and lead to High blood pressure. the way to cut out sodium is to cut out processed prepared foods, canned foods, deli meats, don't add salt when you're cooking, and use Lite Salt when you do use it.

Thanks Shore, I thought the protein looks a little low. And I don't go over on the sugar by too much so hopefully that won't hurt me too bad.
    The sodium on the other hand...I don't even like the taste of salt so I never add it to anything and I always try and buy low sodium stuff at the store and somehow I go over every day. I guess I just have to crunch those numbers more.
    Thanks for the info!
  • dwalden
    dwalden Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I do something very similar except instead of some whole wheat crackers I found Wasa Multigrain thin bread. It is like a cracker and a half can of tuna fits on it nicely. At only 45 calories, 10 carbs, 2 grams protein and no fat it is really good. You should try them out.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I have been trying HARD to keep my sodium WAY under the 2500...and I think it's tougher to keep the sodium low than staying at 1200 calories! :noway: I've done well the last week by having watermelon for either breakfast or lunch. Good luck to you!:smile:
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Three words for you:

Planning, planning, planning. :wink:

Hang in there.

(I like the recommendation for the Tuna and some wheat cracker thingys, will have to check that out myself.)