diet soda?

Options
I have a diet rootbeer weakness....it is the only soda I drink and I allow myself only one a day. Problem is, I "use" it as a dessert. I hear so many stories on diet soda and weight gain. Just wondering if anyone thinks this is a problem. I don't eat dessert - just drink the rootbeer (am in bed about an hour later).

Replies

• hasselh
    hasselh Posts: 29
    Options
    I have a diet rootbeer weakness....it is the only soda I drink and I allow myself only one a day. Problem is, I "use" it as a dessert. I hear so many stories on diet soda and weight gain. Just wondering if anyone thinks this is a problem. I don't eat dessert - just drink the rootbeer (am in bed about an hour later).
  • gglenn
    gglenn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't think one a day is a problem - I think it's when you have a six-pack a day or drink it in place of water.:drinker:
  • luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Options
    i've read where they've said that the sweeteners in diet soda can make your body have trouble feeling full and lead to overeating because of it, if your still staying within your calories for the day and getting plenty of water i wouldn't think it would cause problems
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    shouldn't be a problem doing the way you already are
  • madmisskelly
    Options
    I drank diet coke for most of my life, ever since I could remember, Im 18 now, so you can imagine all the ones ive had. Its been in the house for literally my entire life so for as long as I was old enough to open my own can I would drink a diet coke. However, last month I noticed more than ever that when I drank them, shortly thereafter I would feel sick. Headache, fatigue, irritablity....i didnt feel right. So I kicked the habit cold turkey and have been fine ever since, and now drink "clear soda" like sprite, 7up and sierra mist, full calories but they dont make me sick.

I guess what Im trying to say is that there is nothing wrong with a diet soda a day, especially if it keeps you on track. I would just keep an eye on how it makes you feel,. Also, if you ever wonder if you can do without....you definitely can. If i can....you can too!!