Type of exercise to get the work week started?

Options
Jellyphant
Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
So yeah. It's Monday. I don't know about y'all but I hate working out on Monday's for some reason. No problems at all with any other days including Friday, just Monday.

So what'll it be? Jogging? Zumba? Just Dance 2? SWIMMING?

UGH.

Replies

• Ridestolive6969
    Options
    If you really hate Mondays, I suggest swimming. Its a great way to fit in some cardio, and the pool feels great- plus you arent sweating!!!
  • shtefie
    shtefie Posts: 32
    Options
    I always swim on Mondays. I find it quite calming! (Apart from this evening when I reached the pool only to find it closed!)
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I always swim on Mondays. I find it quite calming! (Apart from this evening when I reached the pool only to find it closed!)
    Very true, its calming for such an annoying day. I hate those days when the pool is TOO crowded.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an association thing. Most Mondays are usually the sign that your weekend is over and the beginning of priorities. I treat everyday the same. So, I have the same motivation for each day.
  • remembertheharddrive
    remembertheharddrive Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I like to bring it hard on Mondays, but mainly because I rest on the weekends. I usually have the greatest abundance of energy and my muscles have fully recovered from the week before. But when I'm in slump, I always do some HIIT before my workout to get things warmed-up. For really short time period. After 10 minutes of sweating my butt off, I figure I may as well stick to it since I've already gotten gross and sweaty.

Classes really keep me motivated too. I don't have think, just follow instructions for an hour. That's really helpful. Kind of shifts the responsibility to someone else.
  • trainertrina
    Options
    I find if I do things with a buddy on Monday I will do it.....I make and exercise Date on Mondays seeing as my BF is a trainer it works well, But before that I use to make sure a book into a class and got to know the instructor so if I missed a week she would ask where I was.....That is what works for me.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    My friends and I just move our weekly hump-day hike to Monday nights to better fit everyone's schedule.

It is an awesome workout, AND I get to spend time with all my friends hiking and climbing. We burn like hell, and then go out for dinner afterwards! Now that is a great way to kick off the week!