things kids say

Options
kelsue35
kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
so my almost 7 year old just walked in the room and asked me to google why elephants have wrinkles... does anyone have the answer?

got to love kids and the things they come up with

Replies

• Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    My 3 year old daughter runs up "Mom! I need $50!!!" Fo rwhat I asked? "The ICE CREAM MAN... HURRY MOM I NEEEEEED $50!!!!"
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My 4 year old just told me that I was wasting his time :huh:
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    My six year old asked what the construction in the middle of the road was all about. I told him they were putting in a median so that cars can go opposite directions and not run into each other. He says "Hmmm, impressive." :)
  • soccerjewel47
    Options
    tell her to always wear sunscreen, lol cuz wrinkles are what happens if you fdont lol and yes kids do say some funny things, my nephew went to a after church BBQ and a guy there was telling him about his name Caleb in the Bible ((my nephew is 4)) after this guy talks to him he comes over to me and tells me he is a kid not a bible lol sooo cute!!
  • dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    Today is my daughter's 5th birthday. She said the best part of a bday is the presents. My 2 yr old then corrected her; saying that the best part of a bday is just being at the PAR-TAY! Then started dancing! It was funny but I think I'm going to have to keep a close eye on that girl!

Sorry, don't know the answer to the elephant thing.
  • ktndj82104
    ktndj82104 Posts: 85
    Options
    LOL

After being yelled at by both me and my husband the other day my four year old says, Mom you and dad are very angry today. humm wonder who made it that way.
  • mbjo
    mbjo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    love it!
  • joycemhall
    joycemhall Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    husband was babysitting our grandaughter who was 2 at the time. She was being a bit difficult and he teasingly told her if she didn't mind him, he was going to beat her bare butt. Her response: "But Pappa, I not a bear"
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    @Kelsue - From GOOGLE Brain:

Elephant skin is wrinkled in appearance, with African elephants more wrinkled than Asian elephants. Wrinkles act as a cooling mechanism by increasing the skin’s surface area. The additional skin and wrinkles trap moisture, which then takes longer to evaporate. Therefore, wrinkles keep elephants cooler, for longer, than if they had smooth skin.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    One year ar Easter I gave my nephew a $10.00 bill in a plastic egg. He held it up and yelled "A million dollars, I'm rich!!". He was 5 at the time. He graduares college this month and I still tease him about it. Just the other day asked him how much of his million he has left after paying for four years of college.

His brother is about a year younger. One morning I'm sleeping and woke up to screams of "He's killing him!" from the 4 year old. Went racing downstairs with my heart in my throat.... turns out the dog had gotten ahold of his favorite stuffed animal and was disembowling it.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, my husband and I took the kids to a local festival. We talked it up to my 3 y/o so he'd be excited to go. He fell asleep in the car, but when we got there he woke up and was so excited saying "We're here! We're at the VEGETABLE!"
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    My daughter told me she eats fruit and veggies for energy drinks her water,but when her blood pressure gets to high she needs ice cream
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    My daughter told me she eats fruit and veggies for energy drinks her water,but when her blood pressure gets to high she needs ice cream

Wow, me too!! Smart girl!!! LOL!
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I was trying to curl my 8 year old daughters hair for wacky hair day.

I was grumbling about my lack of skill, and said something along the lines of "man I'm terrible at this"

She raised her eyebrow at me and said "ya think!"

thanks kiddo....lol
  • maryh1974
    maryh1974 Posts: 41
    Options
    one morning I woke up to my then 2 year old with the bathroom plunger in my face..I asked him why on earth he would do that , he said he thought my nose was clogged...

My 4 year old told me he could not eat cookies anymore cause his teacher said to him that it was junk food and junk food makes you fat..he then asked me if he could have chips cause those are potatoes..lol
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    My little 8 year old nephew just found that his ancestors are all from England on both sides. My mom told him that they drink tea and eat crumpets. Now, whenever he drinks anything, he sticks his pinky in the air and says that he can't help but do it because of how much English is in him. It is the cutest dang thing.
  • jmzhale
    jmzhale Posts: 186
    Options
    I think my 3 yr old son is a 007 spy in the making, when I make his chocolate milk he wants it "stirred, not shaken".
  • spaztastic13
    spaztastic13 Posts: 229
    Options
    My son always tells me good job mommy...its the cutest thing!!!
  • Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    When I was tucking my 3 year old in one night recently I was giving him cuddles and a kiss on the cheek. He asked me to kiss his teddy goodnight too. I said "Ewwwwww no way, he's all gross and stinky" lol. 3 year old then lowers teddy to my face very slowly and whispers "dont be afraid mummy" lmao!!! Creepy and funny all at once
  • jencoz04
    jencoz04 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My 3 1/2yr old is scared of flies. There was one in the car this morning & she was freaking out. I asked why she was so scared of flies, and she said "He's going to kill me!!!"