Workout DVD success

Options
I have been an avid weight lifter since I was about 16. Big into free weights and plyo's , and Olympic lifts. Then in the service we did alot of calisthenics and running and I would still lift. So I know that results can be had there, BUT I am a father of two beautiful children now and with work do not have the time to devot that I did.
So my question is......can you really acheive good results strictly with DVDS such as JM 30DS and ripped in 30 days if you stick to it and push yourself? Can I get definition and keep some size or will it all shrink away? I am 5'10" and I would like to maintain 180lbs lean, 175lbs the smallest.
Input and experience are needed. Thank you all very much. DEFENSOR FORTIS HUA!!!!

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40lbs and I've NEVER seen the inside of a gym.
    I'm currently getting muscle & tone using Chalean Extreme.
    I've also heard wonderful things about p90x
    you do NOT have to go to the gym to see results. You CAN do it using home dvd workouts or the great outdoors :D
  • FrankyOsage
    FrankyOsage Posts: 275
    Options
    P90X is brillant. If you are dedicated to it, you will absolutely get the muscle you are looking for!!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    For my experience personally, you can gain [and maintain] muscle definition from workout DVDs [I'm currently doing Insanity]. Obviously, if you're on a calorie deficit, there may be some size loss, but once you attain your goal weight, you can have a maintainance intake [or slightly increased] to bulk up.
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I've lost 57 pounds and have toned up quite a bit with mostly workout dvds (I also have an elliptical that I use every once in awhile). I've never been in a gym... So I do think it is possible as long as you stick to it.
  • brianlocal3
    brianlocal3 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the replies. I was looking at supreme 90 because it is only 20 bucks and it is sold at target, it looks to be as good as p90x
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I have Supreme 90 Day and enjoy it a lot. However, I am not lifting heavy so am not building up, I don't intend to eat the amount of calories necessary to build a lot of muscle at this time.