30 Day Shred Weight Question

Options
poustotah
poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
I just received the 30 day shred dvd in the mail and it suggests to get some weights. What size do you guys recommend? Or I guess a better question would be, what are they used for so I can make that determination?

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I used 3-5lbs but it depends on the person and their capabilities with upper body strength.
  • aferbet
    aferbet Posts: 124
    Options
    I used 5 lbs for level 1, but had to back down to 2 or 3 lbs for level 2. I don't have much upper body strength and level 2 really works the shoulders.

Hope that helps
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I use 5lb weights.
  • Jess3kids
    Jess3kids Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using 3 lbs - but could use 5 lbs on some of the exercises.
  • thatmaggiegirl
    Options
    I agree w/ the ladies above. I have 5lb weights and while I've noticed an improvment in my upperbody strength from doing this video, as I've advanced levels the weights have almost become too much. I'd buy a 3lb and a 5lb set. But it really depends on where you are at now, and what feels best to you.
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I liked 3 lb weights, and I have medium upper body strength. You do a lot of combo moves like a squat with a press or a lunge with a bicep curl.
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I use both 3 and 5 pounds. There are certain moves that I can use 5 pounders on and others that I need the 3's for.