Proud yet discouraged.

Options
I love competition with in my family. I love beating people at games. Im a good loser but a very sore winner hahaha My husband and I have a game going on now. If I can make it 2 weeks without going over my cals once he will buy me the salon hair straightener I want and if he can go 3 weeks without having the "big O" I will give him $300 to buy the gun he wants (since he just got his PAL).Also, I emailed my aunt who is now working out and her and I are a lot alike. We both like to compete and try to beat the other, She is 42 and im 21 so I think I have the upper hand.. Maybe hahaha I asked her if she wanted to see who can burn more cals in a week. Im looking forward to that!! But at the same time im like "arrrg now I HAVE to work out to kick her butt!" :laugh:

Yesterday I burned about 532 cals and then ate all my cals up. Then late a night my dad had cooked up my favorite food!! BBQ char!! (which is a HUGE trout) I had some and a few canned potatoes. Coming home I was really discouraged thinking I can never make it to my goals. Then I thought... "well when I get home I will just work it off" I didn't get home until 12am as usual. I got onto my stationary bike and managed to burn 320 more cals which was more than enough to burn off what I had ate. I was so proud of myself that I actually did it and back well on my way to my goal and prize! that was 852 cals all together which is the most ive done yet in a day.

Im getting used to the way my body feels. I can usually tell if I had ate too much and had gained a bit of weight and I can tell if I had lost some just by the way I feel. Today I felt as if I gained... I got on the scale and sure enough I gained a pound! How can that be?? I burned off all my cals. I am now discouraged!

Replies

• Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I love competition with in my family. I love beating people at games. Im a good loser but a very sore winner hahaha My husband and I have a game going on now. If I can make it 2 weeks without going over my cals once he will buy me the salon hair straightener I want and if he can go 3 weeks without having the "big O" I will give him $300 to buy the gun he wants (since he just got his PAL).Also, I emailed my aunt who is now working out and her and I are a lot alike. We both like to compete and try to beat the other, She is 42 and im 21 so I think I have the upper hand.. Maybe hahaha I asked her if she wanted to see who can burn more cals in a week. Im looking forward to that!! But at the same time im like "arrrg now I HAVE to work out to kick her butt!" :laugh:

Yesterday I burned about 532 cals and then ate all my cals up. Then late a night my dad had cooked up my favorite food!! BBQ char!! (which is a HUGE trout) I had some and a few canned potatoes. Coming home I was really discouraged thinking I can never make it to my goals. Then I thought... "well when I get home I will just work it off" I didn't get home until 12am as usual. I got onto my stationary bike and managed to burn 320 more cals which was more than enough to burn off what I had ate. I was so proud of myself that I actually did it and back well on my way to my goal and prize! that was 852 cals all together which is the most ive done yet in a day.

Im getting used to the way my body feels. I can usually tell if I had ate too much and had gained a bit of weight and I can tell if I had lost some just by the way I feel. Today I felt as if I gained... I got on the scale and sure enough I gained a pound! How can that be?? I burned off all my cals. I am now discouraged!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Aww, sounds like lots of fun all those competitions! If u burned the calories off then it must be water weight...don't u hate water weight? drink some tea...Don't be discouraged you have done SOOOO well! :)
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I need to find someone to do that with! :flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Rach - come join the SBF challenge - we'll get your butt in gear :happy:

Carrie - don't worry about the weight. If you eat late and exercise late, the next morning you will be heavier. It's just water and food in your system. I used to think my body knew what day of the week it was, but it turns out every Wed I eat late.
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    Rach - come join the SBF challenge - we'll get your butt in gear :happy:

Carrie - don't worry about the weight. If you eat late and exercise late, the next morning you will be heavier. It's just water and food in your system. I used to think my body knew what day of the week it was, but it turns out every Wed I eat late.

Yeah Rach... I joined SBF and they got me started hahaha evil evil ppl they are!! :tongue:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I think that's awesome Car! Good job.
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    Thanks guys!

Mary and Lauren you were right. I weighed myself mid afternoon and im down to 196.6!! :bigsmile: I cant wait! Still one full week! I will go longer once I make it! Im so happy for me right now!
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Options
    I'm most definetly hoping you win your hubby ...lol :bigsmile:

Go Carrie!!!
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    I will beat him!! I ALWAYS do.. He gives in so easy!! hahaha This is why he wants to try and go for weeks, to prove to me he can make it haha
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    Whoops double post
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Yay carrie! I'm so glad it was just water weight...hehe I know the discouraging feeling though...sucks don't it? Well congratulations!