Michiganders, want a kitty?

Options
amymeenieminymo
amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
Is anybody in need of a sweet gentle kitty that would love a good home? We found a long hair orange cat in our yard on Saturday, he just would not go away and we took him in when we found him the next morning crying in the middle of the street.

We've tried to find his owners, but so far no luck. I've called three no-kill shelters but none of them are accepting new animals right now. Sadly we cannot keep him as we are in the process of getting a puppy, and we already have a cat. We just cannot go from 1 pet to 3....he's a fairly large cat, I think he is older. He might just have a more mellow personality, but my own cat is 9 and still zips around the house like a kitten. This kitty likes to lay around and sleep and cuddle, perfect for someone in need of a more low maintenance cat.

If we cannot find a home for him, I'm going to have to turn him in to the shelter, who will most likely euthanize him after a week or so. If you've been wanting a kitty, please consider him, I can send pictures. We live in the suburbs of Detroit, but depending on where you are we could meet you half way, within reason. Please ask your friends and family too if they would like this sweet kitty, please don't let him get euthanized!