FINALLY! A DIGITAL SCALE THAT WORKS!

janesmith1
janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
I posted a thread previously about my awful Tanita scale. I went to Amazon, yes I know that the EatSmart scale gets tons of good reviews but in the reviews I found out why EatSmart has accuracy. It's because that scale has a memory. And I confirmed this by phoning up EatSmart.

So, I went on my search for an accurate great scale. I know that things are still manufactured in Germany, so I was looking for a German digital scale. I have several German things that are amazingly awesome and work so amazing. I went to Bing Translator for Amazon, googled for German digital bathroom scale and found that SOEHNLE made scales.

SOEHNLE is made by LEIFHEIT and I have a kitchen appliance from Leifheit that is amazing (cherry pitter, it works fantastically, and I love to make fresh cherry pies, or did before MFP, and I would use this product a lot, for the most amazing fresh cherry pies).

I went to Amazon.com and found the scale, I don't need bells and whistles, just my weight.

http://www.amazon.com/Soehnle-63530-Alpha-Digital-Scale/dp/B00008WTFN/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304374790&sr=8-1

I wanted to make sure I bought it from amazon, in case it was inaccurate. So I finally received it and wow, yes it IS as accurate as they say. One of the "bad" reviews was that "it was within a pound" ...lol. OMG, my Tanita moved 10 lbs all the time! Plus my Tanita only moved .4 lbs, THIS SCALE MOVES .2 or .1 lbs, so you can really see your weight loss!

Yes it's accurate, just tested it, I am a happy person now!!! YES this scale is fantastic! Also it's $68 on amazon, and at Leifheit's site it is $90, and totally worth it. This is accurate, and doesn't rely on cheapshots like "memory" for accuracy either!

Replies

• AniMarieSt
    AniMarieSt Posts: 119 Member
    Very cool! That's terrible that your last scale was that crazy inaccurate.

Try not to stress too much at the little differences you'll see from one day to the next.

Yesterday I read the following article and it was a good reminder.

Check it out if you get a chance: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/wellness_articles.asp?id=691

~ Joanna

PS: Spark People sucks compared to MFP - but I do like their little daily articles like this one.
  • janesmith1
    I know what you mean about SP. I tried to lose weight there but I couldn't. It's too much info, too overwhelming. This is a clean user-friendly site, and it's much more stripped down. :)

And right about my scale, because of the inaccuracy I lost my motivation. At this point though, I am almost 30 lbs down and I've been here since Jan 20 2011, I'm thrilled and this scale will help keep me motivated! :)

I think it's impt to have the right tools, and an accurate digital scale would be something I would consider a tool that's an imperative, and it was completely frustrating with my other scale. Yesterday for instance it said I was 131 on one of my weigh ins! So glad this one is here now!

Oh and *for me* what works is a lot of daily weigh ins, without it I lose motivation. So with an accurate scale I'm back to totally being able to read what my body is doing & keep on top of it. Some people can't do it like that, ymmv, but it's what works for me.
  • Mellissande
    Mellissande Posts: 33
    I'll have to check that out. My scale I'll tap it, let it zero out, step on and it'll say something like 359.6 I'll tap it again let it zero out step on again and it'll say 351.0. Now I know damn good and well I didn't lose 9 lbs in 3 seconds and this scale does this to me every time I use it. I have gotten to where I just keep doing that until it gives me the same number 2 times and that's the number I go with for my weight for that day
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    I'll have to check that out. My scale I'll tap it, let it zero out, step on and it'll say something like 359.6 I'll tap it again let it zero out step on again and it'll say 351.0. Now I know damn good and well I didn't lose 9 lbs in 3 seconds and this scale does this to me every time I use it. I have gotten to where I just keep doing that until it gives me the same number 2 times and that's the number I go with for my weight for that day

Time for a new scale. :laugh:
  • janesmith1

That's what happened to me and it unmotivated me big time. To the point where I plateaued in April, the entire month. I was so frustrated with the scale I was using it was just ...too much. Seriously I suggest you get this scale, as it's accurate and doesn't rely on cheapshots like "memory" of your weight, it's German-made, it's accurate. It also does Stones (UK'ers), KG (EUROPEANS) & LBS (Americans & Brits). Now that other scale is upstairs in my walk in closet so that I can still refer to it if I want or if I want to weigh myself upstairs but this Soehnle scale is the accurate one, and it's downstairs in the downstairs bathroom. And there's no tapping on this scale.

http://www.amazon.com/Soehnle-63530-Alpha-Digital-Scale/dp/B00008WTFN/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304374790&sr=8-1