mp3 players?

Options
Atlantique
Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
I've now had my old mp3 player for such a long time that I can not use it with my new laptop. The company stopped making new software for it!:sad: It's a shame, too, as the player still works!

So I'm in the market for a new mp3 player, but I do not use iTunes and would like to avoid recreating my entire music database in another format. Yes, I'm the last person on Earth who's not on the Apple train. :tongue:

Any recommendations for a non-Apple mp3 player that's hopefully $50 or less?

Or if you think I just HAVE to climb into bed with iTunes, convince me why that's better for me. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ronchap
    ronchap Posts: 60
    Options
    I hate apple too. Look for a sansa like at amazon or check out overstock.com. I actually bought a 16 gb walkman for 99.00. Probably a 4 or 8 gb for around 50.00
  • schlubba
    schlubba Posts: 26
    Options
    I refuse to get on the apple bandwagon as well. I hate how apple forces you to use their software. So anyway, look up brands like sansa and archos, they have plenty of just mp3 players without the video stuff, just for your music. The best part is, there is no software involved, just plug it in and it works like a jump drive (thumb drive, usb stick, whatever ya wanna call it). you just copy and paste the music you want into the folder under my computer :)

Edit.....I have both an Archos and Sansa and like em both, my sansa is only a 2gb, while my archos is 4gb with a mini sd slot in it as well so I have an 8gb card in that for a total of 12gb. A lot of music could be fit on that.