2 weeks, fast weight loss?

Vamakshi
Vamakshi Posts: 10 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello!
i know i sound like a bad person and totally unhealthy, but is there a way to loose lbs quickly in about 2 weeks or tone your body? I have my prom in 2 weeks and i need to look slim and fit my dress properly! if only i could loose about 5 lbs?!
I am thinking about consuming only 200 cals a day (mainly just fruit and one cereal like oats or fiber bar) for 2 weeks with 30 minute cardio every day and a lot of water. Would that work? Or show no results?
Suggestions, please?!

Replies

• Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    you would be in the hospital for your prom if you only eat 200 calories a day!
  • swiftgirls2
    swiftgirls2 Posts: 59
    ARE YOU CRAZY? I assume you are a teenager who is still growing and you are going to work out and eat 200 calories per day?? The best way would be to still get the amount of calories you should be eating 1,200 - 1,500 - no carbs, no sugar and work out.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    i wouldn't recommend that unless you want to pass out on the dance floor from exhaustion and heart palpitations. eat normal but cut out the fast food and sugary drinks, 30 minutes of cardio sounds good, and some strength training and up your water intake. the water will flush out your system and help your complexion. i'm assuming you want to enjoy your prom, so don't crash diet unless you'd rather be hooked up on an iv in the hospital. 1200 calories daily minimum.
  • chanstriste13
    i know i sound like a bad person and totally unhealthy

ps~of course you're not a bad person, but this would be *totally* unhealthy.
  • swiftgirls2
    swiftgirls2 Posts: 59
    You could also try some Spanx - that will make you look 5 lbs thinner.
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    I have been on this site for 2 weeks and have lost almost 13 pounds. You can do it the healthy way. I was anorexic in high school and missed my prom because I was in the hospital hooked up to all kinds of machines! (I passed out from exhaustion because I only consumed 50 calories a day) 1200 calories a day should be your bare minimum!!!! Speaking from experience here!
  • chazspk
    chazspk Posts: 159 Member
    EatStopEat look it up......:flowerforyou:
  • chanstriste13
    I have been on this site for 2 weeks and have lost almost 13 pounds. You can do it the healthy way. I was anorexic in high school and missed my prom because I was in the hospital hooked up to all kinds of machines! (I passed out from exhaustion because I only consumed 50 calories a day) 1200 calories a day should be your bare minimum!!!! Speaking from experience here!

according to your ticker, you started out with 75 pounds to lose, so it makes sense that you would lose that much in two weeks. someone who is near their goal weight by 5 to 10 pounds should not have this expectation - it would be extremely unrealistic and could most likely only be achieved by drastic and unhealthy means.
  • Vamakshi
    Gaah! I can't take 1200 cals, i feel awful. And i've been taking no more than 800 calories .. no sugar and less carbs from about a year.. and i don't know if i should start taking 1200 calories! that would just make me gain weight right?
    I don't know what to do :(
  • Vamakshi

How did you manage to do that? Being aneroxic, if you take in more calories all of a sudden, you'd gain weight right?
  • Ashleypeterson37

someone who is near their goal weight by 5 to 10 pounds should not have this expectation - it would be extremely unrealistic and could most likely only be achieved by drastic and unhealthy means.

Your right and I should have stated to her that she shouldn't expect those results.

Next time you need to give your body a couple more months to prepare for the results you want!
  • BJMueller
    BJMueller Posts: 2 Member
    You need to eat 1200 calories a day to keep your metabolism working for you, or your body will think you are starving, slow your metabolislm and you will quit losing weight. Over a short period of time, you could try eating 1000 calories for two days but going above 1200 calories the third day in order to trick your metabolism. Two weeks should be OK but then go back to a minimum of 1200 calories a day. Also, for young people 60 minutes of exercise a day is recommended. Cardio is great (a fast paced walk is great) but add some weight training three days a week. This will help you to continue to burn calories after you stop exercising, and muscle takes up less room than fat. Thus you will look more toned even if the scale doesn't move a lot. Good luck to you and I applaud your desire to lose weight in a healthy way. Have a great prom!
  • Ashleypeterson37

How did you manage to do that? Being aneroxic, if you take in more calories all of a sudden, you'd gain weight right?

I had to gain weight. I'm not anorexic anymore. I was a sophmore in high school when it started and was in the hospital on and off for many years and in and out of counselling. Now I have gained so much that I need to get down to where im healthy but I'm choosing to do it the healthy way...

But yes, if you choose to starve yourself, you will put the weight right back on and its much harder to get it back off because your body almost refuses to let your fat storage go again. It's a vicious disorder. I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT AT ALL!
  • Vamakshi
    You need to eat 1200 calories a day to keep your metabolism working for you, or your body will think you are starving, slow your metabolislm and you will quit losing weight. Over a short period of time, you could try eating 1000 calories for two days but going above 1200 calories the third day in order to trick your metabolism. Two weeks should be OK but then go back to a minimum of 1200 calories a day. Also, for young people 60 minutes of exercise a day is recommended. Cardio is great (a fast paced walk is great) but add some weight training three days a week. This will help you to continue to burn calories after you stop exercising, and muscle takes up less room than fat. Thus you will look more toned even if the scale doesn't move a lot. Good luck to you and I applaud your desire to lose weight in a healthy way. Have a great prom!

Thank you! that helps a lot, i am deff going to focus on muscle training, also do protein shakes help?
  • BJMueller
    BJMueller Posts: 2 Member
    Protein shakes help in the sense that it is important to get enough protein when you are exercising in order to build muscle. Experts recommend having protein at each meal. A shake is fine as long as you are getting enough calories throughout the day as well.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    The best bet to look drop dead gorgeous for your prom is to get some of those undies that hold everything in and give you lovely smooth lines. you don't think all those celebs look that smooth and toned naturally do you?
    Then, after the prom you can work on eating healthy and exercising so that by the next big event you don't have to panic :)
    DO NOT drastically cut your calories, if you do, you won't be able to stand up, let alone dance at your prom.
This discussion has been closed.