Bread overload?

Options
I just purchased a bread maker last week and have started making my own bread. I usually have about 1 or 2 slices a day. But here is my question, is that too much? Should I limit it to every other day? It's so yummy and I love the smell of fresh baked bread, it's hard not to eat a slice after making a loaf.

Replies

• xcountrymom2
    xcountrymom2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Alot of the low carb dieters would say that is too much, but I truly believe it really is in the calorie count, as long as you stay within your calories for the day. I love bread too and fresh baked is a weakness! Yum! But you need to do a lifelong program and deleting things you love is not the way to do it. Have fun with your new bread machine!
  • Sunjenk
    Sunjenk Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Eat your bread, but count it!! :)

Log everything! :D
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i'm no expert, but it seems fine as long as it's a whole grain bread. i guess it makes a difference too if you're putting lots of butter on it.
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    a whole loaf a day might be a lil too much =P but 2 slices sounds perfect! *Drools at the thought of buttered homemade bread"
  • joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    So far I've only made whole wheat bread. I'm never over on my calories or carbs so I figure I'm fine to eat it. As for butter, I put a very small amount on, sometimes even none at all.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    use wheat flour. white flour is very bad for you and helps me gain weight. I eat bread all the time, and sandwichs for lunch with english muffins for breakfast, so thats 4 slices and ive lost 25lbs in 8weeks. some days ive had 6slices.. carbs dont bother me, just that white flour kinds do.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    try bremel and brown yogurt butter, 45cal per tbls, much lower than butter, cant believe its not butter, or even smart balance butter. very creamy and delish
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I eat bread all the time! I have such a weakness for bread with soup or just plain bread and butter. I try to limit it though to only breakfast and lunch. For dinner, I try to eat a meal sans bread or only half the bread.
  • ruffledviolet
    ruffledviolet Posts: 260
    Options
    I bought my mom a bread maker for her birthday and she's been making lots of it! I've been losing just fine as long as my calories are within my allowable amount. i usually have one or two slices a day. Try it with apple butter (~35 cals per tbls). It's really good.

Oh and it should definitely be fine if you're exercising. :)