Newbie in college...

bb4238a
bb4238a Posts: 8 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I'm looking to drop the lbs I have gained in college. Nothing drastic, just getting back into shape. I am, however, still in school and on a budget. If anyone has any good suggestions for a very very busy on- the-go person I'd love to hear them. Also, any low budget meal suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Replies

• bb4238a
    bb4238a Posts: 8 Member
    I'm looking to drop the lbs I have gained in college. Nothing drastic, just getting back into shape. I am, however, still in school and on a budget. If anyone has any good suggestions for a very very busy on- the-go person I'd love to hear them. Also, any low budget meal suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
  • Hey welcome! You're gonna love it here..the people are so nice and supportive and the website is SO easy and fun to use!

You should check out this challenge :smile: -- http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/22875-college-challenge-fall-2008

-- Hahaha I just realized I didn't really answer your post. Things that have been helping me a lot are meal planning and using my university's super nice gym because hey its free (even though they wiggle in a fee through your tuition psh haha). I also make try and make it a priority to set out what I need to take with me in terms of lunch and snacks the night before..just in case I over sleep or am running late!
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Id say try sticking to lean meats like chicken, grill anything you can get your hands on!
    I know my college roommates loved to fire up the grill and so did most of our buddies...
    also, just stick to whatever fruit and veggie is in season, they are usually the cheapest.
    If possible go to a farmers market, its even cheaper there.
    good luck! and hit your gym at your school while you dont have to pay, or pay very little for it
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Welcome to MFP ..... Best Wishes :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.